A question of hardware mirrored by the software .

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
QUAVERTUNE

A question of hardware mirrored by the software .

Post by QUAVERTUNE »

Hello .I have been having a fruitful experience using voltage modular .Especially the PSP modules . On the other hand. I struggle somewhat at getting the same type of sounds from both reaktor blocks and softube modular .
Are there specific hardware modules that the voltage modular units are based upon ? I hope that in the future to expand to hardware and in the meantime learn through using software .
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: A question of hardware mirrored by the software .

Post by Cherry Dan »

QUAVERTUNE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 am I struggle somewhat at getting the same type of sounds from both reaktor blocks and softube modular .
Are there specific hardware modules that the voltage modular units are based upon ?
Hi there,

A few of our modules are patterned after specific hardware - for example, the VCF-20 filter is based on the Korg MS-20 synthesizer, the Ladder Filter is based off a Moog filter, and the Vintage Oscillator sawtooth and square waves are modelled on the classic Minimoog waveforms - but in general, Cherry Audio modules are our own designs, though most of the concepts are pretty universal with modular synthesizers. Is there a particular patch or sound that you're having trouble recreating or understanding?

Thanks!
Dan

Return to “Voltage Modular”