question about the envelope follower

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
HowlingMod

question about the envelope follower

Post by HowlingMod »

i am making a multiband effect thing, ahum, with third party plugins... a band filter will also work, but, the plugin i use, is very very steep..
the envelope follower, that isn't used in the patch i made, and it sounds already nice. ow i am again talking too much, to the point;

1. the meter of envelope follower, ENV OUT meter, does not represent the output, the envelope follower works, and with the oscilliscope i can see that gain and release have the desired effect.

2. or is this metering normal? then it has no "meaning", as it is the same is the INPUT LEVEL meter, that the gain also is represented in the INPUT LEVEL meter, seems normal, but, isn't it more usefull to see it the ENV OUT meter. this can be a choice, and i understand why, but the release, doesn't show...
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: question about the envelope follower

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hi there,

You're right, the meters on the Envelope Follower were not accurately reflecting the input and output signals, because they would shoot up to max with very little signal. We've fixed this and published a new version of the module, and the meters now accurately reflect the input and output. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Dan
HowlingMod

Re: question about the envelope follower

Post by HowlingMod »

Cherry Dan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:10 pm Hi there,

You're right, the meters on the Envelope Follower were not accurately reflecting the input and output signals, because they would shoot up to max with very little signal. We've fixed this and published a new version of the module, and the meters now accurately reflect the input and output. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Dan
great thanks!

arjan
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Return to “Voltage Modular”