Bug: MIDI In is apparently not saved

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
NothanUmber

Bug: MIDI In is apparently not saved

Post by NothanUmber »

If I connect a midi in module that is connected to various (poly cc converter) modules everything works fine - until I save and reload the preset. Then it is gone. This is reproducible every time (tested on macOS High Sierra). Have attached the preset (not sure whether the midi in is not saved or just not loaded, perhaps here the preset helps).
Attachments
SuperSimpleSawSynth.voltagepreset
(38.24 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Bug: MIDI In is apparently not saved

Post by Cherry Dan »

Good catch, thanks! This was a minor glitch on our server. Run Voltage Modular, click "Refresh" in the Library, wait for the update, and load your preset. The MIDI In module will be there.

Thanks!
Dan
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

Thanks, it's working now!

Now I have another bug though: On average every second time I load the preset, instead of the "Linnstrument MIDI" I see "No Device"as selected midi device and when clicking on the input device selection button it only offers two entries with "No details available". To get rid of this I have to terminate Voltage Modular and restart it. Then as said on average every second time everything is ok (Linnstrument is selected as input device, the list of input devices now shows "Linnstrument MIDI" and "IAC Driver" when clicking on the input device selection button of the midi in module.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Glad it's working!

Can you post a couple screenshots showing what you're seeing? Do you have to restart Voltage to see the MIDI devices, or just reload the preset?

Thanks,
Dan
martb

Post by martb »

Similar issue here in Win 10/64. I have to reselect the midi-in every time I start the stand alone version.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We will fix this in a future update. I agree that this needs to be fixed. Thanks!
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Voltage 1.0.2 has just been released, which fixes the problem with the stand-alone Voltage Modular application losing its MIDI device settings. To download Voltage 1.0.2, follow these steps:

1) Log in to your account at https://store.cherryaudio.com/
2) Click on Library in the upper-right hand corner.
3) Find your Early Access Voltage Pack order and click on "Details" on the far right.

Thanks! Please let us know if you experience any problems.

Dan
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

Was not able to reproduce the problem anymore with 1.0.2. Thanks for the fast fix!
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

Sorry, have to reopen this ticket. The problem is still appearing with version 1.0.2 from time to time (seems to be less often now - about 1 out of 5 instead of 1 out of 2).
If VM is in that state I can load arbitrary presets and the problem will always be there. The only chance to get rid of it is to close the application and restart. Then chances are good that it works. (And if it works then it works for this session all the time).

Here a screenshot when the problem occurs (above) and when it works (below)
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-26 um 22.21.17.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-26 um 22.21.17.png (202.9 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
NothanUmber

Post by NothanUmber »

Still reproducible with version 1.0.5.
Interestingly the behavior changes every other start. The first start it works, if I end and restart VM it doesn't (only see "unknown" entries). Then a restart later it works again. And so on.

Return to “Voltage Modular”