Propellerheads Reason (On Windows Only) Crashed (Known issue)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Jamuud

Propellerheads Reason (On Windows Only) Crashed (Known issue)

Post by Jamuud »

I like the demo of Voltage Modular but at present it doesn't load in Reason. This is the deciding factor asto whether I buy it or not. I have no ideas if the fault is yours or Propellerheads. Can this befixed on your side?
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Propellerheads Reason - Crashed

Post by Cherry Garcia »

This is a known problem with Reason on Windows ( Mac is fine). They are aware of the problem and we are awaiting a fix from them but we don't have any guarantees. As you may know, Propellerhead has acknowledged that their vst support needs work and is making an effort to provide better compatibility. They have a new beta program that they are encouraging people to join for this purpose. Please let them know that you'd like them to make sure Voltage Modular is properly supported. We have gone over this many times and it is definitely an issue they can fix. Unfortunately, we are at their mercy here. We have one thing we can try to get around the issue with Reason but its not trivial.

Thanks!
Jamuud

Re: Propellerheads Reason (On Windows Only) Crashed (Known issue)

Post by Jamuud »

Thank you for the prompt reply. I take your point.
pekbro

Post by pekbro »

FYI: I have brought up the Voltage Modular issue in the Reason Beta forum...
Well see if it gets anywhere...

-Cheers
TimeActor

Post by TimeActor »

Are there any news about the usage with REASON 10?
jcea

Post by jcea »

I have the latest version (Reason 10.3) where the VST support has been improved a lot... however this plugin still not working on Reason :(. I've recently purchased a copy of Voltage Modular, it's an amazing software, but I would like to use it with Reason because it's my current DAW.

I've contacted with Propellerheads about this problem but, at this moment, I have not any reply for them. I hope one day this problem could be fixed :)

Cheers!
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

We've provided Propellerheads with all of the information necessary for them to fix their bug. Unfortunately, they still haven't given this problem any attention. Please contact them and let them know that you'd like them to fix their compatibility issue.

To be clear, the incompatibility with Propellerheads Reason on Windows is not due to any problem with Voltage Modular. It is a bug in their software that, unfortunately, we cannot work around, due to the complexity of Voltage Modular. (At least, not without affecting performance for all Voltage Modular users.)

Thanks,
Dan
rene

Post by rene »

Today the Propellerhead boys released a new update

Reason 10.4 / Reason 10.4 Intro / Reason 10.4 Lite Release Notes
Added Monotone Bass Synthesizer, a new bass synth device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact
Added Rytmik Drum Machine, a new drum device that's cross-compatible with Reason Compact
Made a change on Windows to allow certain VST plugins incompatible with Reason 10.3 compatible again
Made a change on Windows to allow certain ASIO drivers incompatible with Reason 10.3 compatible again
Fixed a bug where the sustain pedal would no longer work with RPG-8
Fixed a bug where panning a signal completely right with a VST effect could cause the signal to cut out
Fixed a bug on Windows where CV inputs on the Combinator would not behave as expected

Unfortunately after testing the udate there is still no Voltage Modulair compability
Mariusz B.

Post by Mariusz B. »

Yea, incompatible with Reason and not functioning properly in Cubase - my two main Daws :)
rene

Post by rene »

I don`t have problems in Cubase

Return to “Voltage Modular”