FR - save more session settings in standalone VM

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
scook

FR - save more session settings in standalone VM

Post by scook »

Currently the standalone VM remembers its size, library and perform toggles between sessions.

The state of the library is not persistent. Please consider making the active library tab displayed, sort and filter drop downs persistent across sessions.

It would also be useful to have a config option to open the patch (if any) that existed when VM was shutdown.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: FR - save more session settings in standalone VM

Post by Cherry Garcia »

scook,

Thanks! We are implementing these fixes. The most recent preset is a good idea for the standalone. I am not sure that would be good for plugin mode, though. What do you think?
scook

Post by scook »

Agreed, last preset load is appropriate for the stand alone VM only, DAWs already do this for plug-ins. In fact all the requests in the OP were intended for the stand alone VM but I suppose it would make sense to store the library state in each instance of the plug-ins too.

Thanks for the feedback
sc
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Just to double check , are you wanting the last loaded preset that is saved? Or did you want it to come back to the last state it was in? IE: If it was blank, it shows up as blank and if it had 2 modules (unsaved), it would come back with 2 modules unsaved.
scook

Post by scook »

I would like to see the stand alone host to work like the plug-in does in a DAW. If the VM stand alone is closed with a patch, it should open the patch. If the VM stand alone is closed without a patch, it should open empty.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I would like "VM standalone" to return to the state I left it in... so basically an autosave option for the "current state".
This could also be a preset patch where I changed nothing... or it could be a preset where I just changed position of one of the knobs.

And it would be supernice if it would regularly do an autosave of the state while working on a patch. If VM crashes, or the computer crashes due to some other circumstance you will return to your latest autosaved state.

Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Voltage Modular”