FR - Add Cabinets from menu

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
scook

FR - Add Cabinets from menu

Post by scook »

Now that we have the ability to add modules from a menu instead of the library display, it would be handy if we could add cabinets from the same menu.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: FR - Add Cabinets from menu

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Good idea. (= Are you thinking of a single blank cabinet or saved cabinets. Or both?
scook

Post by scook »

The menu I am thinking of already has an option to add an empty cabinet, I would like to see an Add Cabinets... option for saved cabinets like the current Add Modules... option. I suppose the Empty Cabinet option could be nested below "Add Cabinet..."
Attachments
add Cabinet.png
add Cabinet.png (53.03 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
scook

Post by scook »

I may have misunderstood your question.
I was thinking about adding a cabinet preset as a new cabinet from the menu but it might be useful to have an insert cabinet preset into an existing cabinet option too. To goal is to build patches from modules and cabinet presets with the library collapsed.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Ok - thanks for the mock up! We will probably implement this. I would also add a Recently Used Modules category that could be handy for the library and the right click.
scook

Post by scook »

Thanks

Not as much a fan of recently used lists as much as frequently used lists especially given the is a duplicate module feature but I am probably in the minority.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

And if we did a frequently used list, how frequent should the usage be determined by...ie: Over 10 times, etc? Any thoughts on that?
scook

Post by scook »

Why would there be a threshold? Just like an MRU, there would be a fixed number of slots. It may take a while for the list to be meaningful but my guess is the 10-20 most frequent modules would sort themselves out quickly.

While thinking about faster ways to access modules, if there were a User tab. Move the favorites user the User tab and allow users to create additional categories to contain both modules and cabinets. The User tab could also contain other automatic lists like MRU and frequency.
user tab.png
user tab.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 5040 times
Also would be nice to have a copy and rename function for cabinets.
cabmenu.png
cabmenu.png (36.58 KiB) Viewed 5040 times
Attachments
cabmenu.png
cabmenu.png (36.58 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
cabmenu.png
cabmenu.png (36.58 KiB) Viewed 5042 times
scook

Post by scook »

The forum did not like my last post. Tried to embed 2 images but the forum (and I) got a little confused.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the extra feature suggestions, as well.

Return to “Voltage Modular”