Voltage Modular 1.3.3 released! Plus a massive wave of new modules!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Voltage Modular 1.3.3 released! Plus a massive wave of new modules!

Post by Cherry Dan »

Koshdukai wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 pm btw, side-tracking this thread just a bit more... could the installer "remember" the custom VST2 path we set, please? :)
Keep having to type in where to install the VM VST2 dll's, which isn't on the "default" path, in my case.
Hi, it actually does -- but unfortunately this was broken in previous installers. So the NEXT time you install a VM update, your custom path will appear.

Dan
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Cherry Dan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:16 am
Koshdukai wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 pm btw, side-tracking this thread just a bit more... could the installer "remember" the custom VST2 path we set, please? :)
Keep having to type in where to install the VM VST2 dll's, which isn't on the "default" path, in my case.
Hi, it actually does -- but unfortunately this was broken in previous installers. So the NEXT time you install a VM update, your custom path will appear.

Dan
LOL! ok, ok, thank you, I'll try it on the next one(s) :D
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

the new update is great. the 2 to 4 threads options, has different results. on my old laptop (i72630qm, 4gb, windows 10) it works great, also within maschine (2.8). within reason, again, voltage does not work.
on my "workstation", within cubase 9.5.5 pro, voltage modular, or something, goes haywire, spike, spikes, spikes, only spikes.
i don't have cubase 9.5.5 pro installed on my laptop, it isn't usefull, on my laptop.

on the positive site, voltage modular, without multi-thread, works much and much better within cubase 9.5.5 pro.

EDIT: standalone and 4 threads on workstation works perfectly. no mentionably more cpu usage.

EDIT: it was the vst3 version of the plugin by the way, didn't try the vst2 version.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

HowlingMod wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:59 pm within reason, again, voltage does not work.
@Dan
btw, is there any ETA for VM to start working in Reason ?

Edit: just learned that "something" is being done about this :) cool! Hope it'll solve the issue "soon'ish"
Last edited by Koshdukai on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raydricker

Post by raydricker »

Hi, will there be any demo videos released on using the new Benard modules or, perhaps, some in-depth information on them...some of them look fascinating...thanks!!
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Koshdukai wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 pm btw, is there any ETA for VM to start working in Reason ?
We are in contact with the developers at Propellerhead, and we are hopeful that they will be able to correct this situation very soon!

Dan
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Cherry Dan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 pm btw, is there any ETA for VM to start working in Reason ?
We are in contact with the developers at Propellerhead, and we are hopeful that they will be able to correct this situation very soon!

Dan
Thanks. Let's all hope so :)
Benard

Post by Benard »

raydricker wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi, will there be any demo videos released on using the new Benard modules or, perhaps, some in-depth information on them...some of them look fascinating...thanks!!
Hi Raydricker,

There will be demos for the Benard modules available shortly. As mentioned in another thread, there were some unexpected issues that were revealed with 1.3.3 that needed to be fixed first, but most of them are ready now. I am also working on improving the documentation, especially for the Stochastic Trigger Sequencer and the Matrix Sequencer, so stay tuned!

Thanks for your interest!
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

Koshdukai wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Dan
In case you haven't heard, Propellerheads say that the upcoming 10.3 will version of Reason will feature a raft of VST compatibility fixes and performance enhancements - apparently they needed to do some major recoding and this is just the start. If you go to their site you can sign up to get early Beta access to 10.3. I signed up a few days ago, but have yet to receive any sort of download link. I'll check out Voltage Modular compatibility if and when I get the chance.
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Rockky wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:55 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Dan
In case you haven't heard, Propellerheads say that the upcoming 10.3 will version of Reason will feature a raft of VST compatibility fixes and performance enhancements - apparently they needed to do some major recoding and this is just the start. If you go to their site you can sign up to get early Beta access to 10.3. I signed up a few days ago, but have yet to receive any sort of download link. I'll check out Voltage Modular compatibility if and when I get the chance.
Last time I checked, 10.3 still doesn't recognize VM unfortunately, so it won't be for this update which focus on performance, not extra compatibility :/

Return to “Voltage Modular”