Couple of feature requests

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
scook

Couple of feature requests

Post by scook »

1) Please separate save and save as functions for presets. Often I just want to save some changes to an existing preset and having to go through the dialog is unnecessary.

2) Clean up program exit in standalone. When leaving VM, the program prompts to save changes. Once changes are saved, the program should immediately exit.

3) Add a flag to mark a module preset as the default on module load.

4) Add the ability to insert a cabinet immediately above and below the current cabinet.

thanks for listening
sc
scook

Re: Couple of feature requests

Post by scook »

5) Store the location of the I/O and Performance Control panels in presets. Currently the panels are always positioned at the top of the rack regardless of where they were located when the preset was saved. I really would like separate modules for I/O instead of one I/O panel but storing the panel location would help.

6) External cabinets. I have seen requests to collapse cabinets and that would be nice. I would like to be able to float cabinets. Something like loading VM in the Host plug-in module but instead of sending automation send CV and have an instance of the I/O and Performance Control Panels in each external cabinet. Hopefully avoiding the overhead of loading a VST.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

scook,

Thanks for that feedback and feature requests. We will review them and see what we can do. Thanks!
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I see in this thread a request for a way to set a default preset for a module. Is there a way to do this through naming convention? In Logic, I can save a plugin preset as #default (and later via the GUI) so that it auto-loads. Is there a function in VM modules that allow us to auto-load a default preset?

Return to “Voltage Modular”