Missing CV Inputs

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
doubleday

Missing CV Inputs

Post by doubleday »

Hey there. Real promising system indeed.

One thing I have noticed after messing around with it for a while is that most modules have little or no CV inputs. I.e. the only way to modulate the frequency of the band pass is via host automation which seems really weird for a virtual modular and is very limiting. To me this is where the fun of modular systems comes from.

Hope that this is improved in the future and not a monetization strategy ...
cherryMitch

Re: Missing CV Inputs

Post by cherryMitch »

doubleday wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:18 pm Hey there. Real promising system indeed.

One thing I have noticed after messing around with it for a while is that most modules have little or no CV inputs. I.e. the only way to modulate the frequency of the band pass is via host automation which seems really weird for a virtual modular and is very limiting. To me this is where the fun of modular systems comes from.

Hope that this is improved in the future and not a monetization strategy ...
In the case of the Bandpass, it was actually created while we were developing the Vocoder (the Vocoder uses 22 BP filters at once, so they had to be small - the Vocoder dev patch was gigantic). We decided to make the Bandpass a commercial module because we already had it done anyway. That said, the standard "big" filter module has a bandpass output (middle jack on the bottom) and has cutoff freq CV ins, so you could just use that instead.

In general, we were initially trying to make a bunch of straightforward modules first so they wouldn't be huge or hard to understand, so some of them don't have the kitchen-sink feature set. As time goes on, we'll be bringing out more deluxe versions. Re it being a monetization strategy, let me put it like this... we wouldn't just add CV just to make a buck off users. When we do the fancier modules, we're looking toward adding lots of interesting things... and we definitely will keep the prices for additional modules low.

Return to “Voltage Modular”