User defined titles on modules in patches

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
JX3D

User defined titles on modules in patches

Post by JX3D »

It would be great if it was possible to change the title on added modules in a patch. The titles could simply replace the original module title in pathces - not in the library.
For example if I have 4 oscillators in a patch, I'd might want to change the titles to "Osc 1 Left", "Osc 2 Left", "Osc 1 Right", "Osc 2 Right".
And to continue the example, then I could change the name of 2 envelopes to "Env 1" and "Env 2", controlling Osc 1 (L+R) and 2 (L+R).
And to avoid confusion after renaming titles, the default module title should always be on top in the dropdown menu (not selectable).
My music projects: https://soundcloud.com/jx3d
Bigcat75

Re: User defined titles on modules in patches

Post by Bigcat75 »

+1
student9v

Post by student9v »

+1 Good idea!
martb

Post by martb »

It would be useful, and you can do that in good ol' Vaz Modular, but I don't see it happening. I think the module titles are image files so I guess all the modules, including third party ones would have to be re-designed to make space for a text input field.
JX3D

Post by JX3D »

Yes. There is a little problem with my suggestion, as the module title is written in a label, and that such a label could be one of many labels in a module. To solve that, there should be a clearly defined title label and area of placement (centered and placed in the top). That means all modules already made, would need to be changed and recompiled to follow these rules.

Or it could be made as an overlay, but that is not as nice looking, but easier to implement.
My music projects: https://soundcloud.com/jx3d
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We have a good idea for this. We're adding it to the feature list. (=

Return to “Voltage Modular”