Do you have to sign in and download EVERY TIME???

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
FaveDave

Do you have to sign in and download EVERY TIME???

Post by FaveDave »

I am a brand new user. Using Logic.

I opened Voltage Modular. It asked me to freaking sign in. ???? I did. It started downloading and I couldn't play any sounds until it finished.

OK, maybe it didn't finish installing,

I closed VM. I opened another instrument. (I bought a ton of them) Same thing. Sign in. Download.

I closed that instrument.

I opened VM again. IT WANTS ME TO SIGN IN AGAIN AND STARTED DOWNLOADING EVERYTHING AGAIN.

Is this a cruel joke? Is this how it is supposed to operate? I do the same thing a few times to make sure.

HOLY CRAP. If this is how it's designed then I am not a customer. I'm a professional and I need to work, not sign in an infinite number of times and wait for downloads. If this is how it is, then this is for hobbyists. Professionals like me on a deadline will have steam coming out of their ears very quickly.

I sure hope this is user error and I am just doing something wrong... please.
UrbanCyborg

Re: Do you have to sign in and download EVERY TIME???

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The first time you run any of the apps after installing it, it will attach to the server and finish downloading what it needs to complete the installation. As for any time after that, I don't think it's required, although if you have your settings in the app set to automatically install updates, it may find a new update and install it. Other than that, I don't think you even need a net connection. Bear in mind that I'm new with these apps, too, but that seems to be my experience.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
FaveDave

Post by FaveDave »

It is not behaving that way for me. Makes me sign in and download Every. Single. Time. Then is crashes the host.

Logic, Cubase, Luna == it crashed them all multiple times. (Yes I reboot.)
FaveDave

Post by FaveDave »

Day 2 of the VM fiasco. It always wants to phone home every time I open it. And it downloads everything each time.

And then it crashes the host.

No help from tech support except "Make sure you have the latest version." Yeah, I do.

I've seen this error a million times, too.
Attachments
Installation has changed.jpeg
Installation has changed.jpeg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
elamid

Post by elamid »

Are you running Windows 10 ?

It happened to me after some WIindows updates had change the machine ID ... as the installation is tied to your account and the machine ID.

To make sure, you can check the logfile located in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Logs.

Other than that, I never had to redownload again ...

Regards,
Eric.
FaveDave

Post by FaveDave »

I am on a Mac using Logic as mentioned :) Big Sur OS.

Tech support said "Make sure you have the latest versions." Just bought it so I hope so!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I replied to your email.

Greg
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

I think I have this issue now, ever since I upgraded my Ryzen processor from 2700x to 5900x. Same PC motherboard, same Windows install etc, but I'm guessing it's using some sort of ID to track stuff.
Annoying and takes ages and I'm lucky in that I have 1 Gb/s broadband, Lord knows what it's like for people on slower internet.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Please submit a Cherry Audio support request and attach your log files.

To locate your log files, launch Voltage Modular and click on "Settings" followed by clicking "General". Click "Show Log Folder". Please zip up all your log files and then attach them to the support request.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”