MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
FaveDave

MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!

Post by FaveDave »

I just stumbled onto Cherry Audio after reading a review. I saw the modular synth stuff and I've never seen anything like it! All these sounds! All these modules!! So many choices! So confusing!

Could someone please recommend a starting place for someone like me completely unfamiliar with how this works? I mean, I could program a DX7 so I must be able to do this eventually!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction -- a simple tutorial so I know what goodies to buy during the sale!

THANK YOU.
ColinP

Re: MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!

Post by ColinP »

Hi,

My recommendation is to first download the free Voltage Modular Nucleus bundle and spend a few hours getting used to that.

Then buy the Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums bundle and spend a few days or weeks exploring that.

Then buy MRB's Tiny Voice bundle as it delivers all your bread and butter subtractive synthesis in a couple of very nice neat little packages and you'll find that they make a lot of patches far easier to put together.

I'd like to see MRB's Tiny Voice and Poly Tiny Voice included in the Core bundle to be honest as it would make life a lot easier for developers like myself to show off our products without having to create huge patches using the core modules.

The above should keep you going for at least a month or two, then it depends on where your interests lie.

If you are fairly new to modular synthesis then I'd resist the temptation to buy loads of extra modules immediately as you can get overloaded. Take your time to explore and then you'll be able to make informed choices about expanding your setup.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: MY HEAD IS EXPLODING!

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

If you want some easy tutorials, here's a YouTube playlist: Voltage Modular For Beginners

And of course you can check out our YouTube channel in general.

There's a collection of videos from various sources here: Cherry Audio videos.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”