Can't select active midi input

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
hayny

Can't select active midi input

Post by hayny »

I'm using Voltage Modular 2.3.4 and trying to use my Akai LPK25 as a midi input. I've checked its functioning with other music softwares, and it seems to be working well.
Alas, it doesn't seem to work with Voltage Moduldar. When I go to the settings to activate it, clicking on the checkbox doesn't enable it. It just gets a yellow highlight and nothing changes.
Am I doing something wrong?
midiscreenshot.jpg
midiscreenshot.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Steve W

Re: Can't select active midi input

Post by Steve W »

Hi. I am just a VM user, not staff or anything. While you are waiting for an official response, check to see if any thing else is using the Akai, including control/editing/setup software. To test a hunch I just booted a soft synth set up to use my usb keyboard and then started VM (standalone). I got the exact same yellowish box around the unselectable device.
Last edited by Steve W on Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Can't select active midi input

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hello,

Most MIDI drivers on Windows can only be opened by one application at a time. If the device is shown on the list but does not let you check it, it is nearly certain that some other application, such as your DAW or another virtual instrument, is already using the MIDI device.

If you're trying to use multiple instruments at the same time, this is ideally done in a DAW or other live performance application, as they are designed to share the audio device and MIDI interface with multiple instruments and effects simultaneously.

All the best,
Dan @ Cherry Audio

Return to “Voltage Modular”