Voltage Modular Tag Editor

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
daeldred

Voltage Modular Tag Editor

Post by daeldred »

It is easy to add categories to the VM2 Tag Editor. Is there a way to remove unused categories?

For example I would like to breakdown the general category of "oscillators" to "LFO mono oscillators", "LFO poly oscillators", "VCO mono oscillators, and VCO poly oscillators". I realize this example is a little extreme. Another area I can think of where this would be useful would be "Utilities". I have over 100 utilities in VM2. I would like to categorize them better and eliminate the general category of "Utilities" The primary advantage of this would be that you could right click within VM2 to select you modules they would be easier to find, and you could close the drop down library to give you more monitor "real estate"
anonyrat

Re: Voltage Modular Tag Editor

Post by anonyrat »

I agree that is does get unwieldy the more modules there are. It was probably Ok when it all started with FAVs holding your best modules.
As time goes by, my FAVs is too full - I like a LOT of stuff. :D
I have been thinking if we could add our own categories like FAVs - like "Fav Utilities" and "Fav Osc's "
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

It's been a while since I did a complete overhaul on my tag list, but I'm pretty sure the unwanted categories disappeared when empty.

LMK if that doesn't work for you, and I'll see if I can re-create it again.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

And @anonrat: You can! Right click a module in the library and go to "tag editor". You can create a new category there.

Here's what my list currently looks like:
Categories.jpg
Categories.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 1423 times

Return to “Voltage Modular”