anyone else with issues using pro tools and windows computer?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
aberdeentp

anyone else with issues using pro tools and windows computer?

Post by aberdeentp »

I have not been able to use voltage modular in pro tools on a windows based computer. It causes insane cpu spikes, and any pressure will cause pro tools to crash. Even just moving the mouse over the GUI will cause cpu spikes. I have a very powerful computer created for music and I don't think that is the issue. Also I tried voltage modular in Ableton and it works fine. I am hoping to find anyone that has come across this as I really want to use voltage modular but it's just not possible in pro tools. Pro Tools won't help as they don't do tech support with third party plugins. I am surprised I haven't read anywhere on this issue, but if anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks.
Bigcat75

Re: anyone else with issues using pro tools and windows computer?

Post by Bigcat75 »

I can confirm the same issue here on my mobile rig with Pro Tools 2018.10. My mobile rig is a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 Pro 1809, Intel i7 8705G, 16GB RAM, internal 512GB NVME SSD system drive with an external 1TB SSD for active projects and libraries, and a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen 2. I loaded the Kelly Malone - Earth and Stars demo project for Pro Tools 2018 (used this so that anyone can try to replicate) and added a single stereo instrument track for Voltage Modular. I immediately got an error message stating that Pro Tools has run out of CPU, and advised me to unload native plugins. I also use Cubase 10 Pro on the same machine and worked on a small project last night with two instances of VM in C10 with no issues. If definitely appears to be a Pro Tools issue.

Return to “Voltage Modular”