VM Crashing Logic

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
sunbambino

VM Crashing Logic

Post by sunbambino »

My standalone seems stable but VM crashes Logic almost every time I change a preset. Anyone had a similar issue?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, no improvement.

My other CA plugs are super-stable, including the wonderful Eight-Voice.

I'm on OS Catalina 10.15.7
Through the spirit man goes to God, what a disaster! Arthur Rimbaud
huggermugger

Re: VM Crashing Logic

Post by huggermugger »

VM has crashed Logic for me at least a couple of times (I've not been using it in Logic very long), and has crashed Reason many times. I don't even have to have any modules plugged in. It's the most unstable VST/AU plugin I own.
sunbambino

Post by sunbambino »

Do you feel this could be related to the version of Logic you're using? I'm on 10.6.1 which is very stable generally under OS Catalina.

The CPU hit is astronomical particularly when changing patches and I guess this could have a lot to do with instability. (What would I know about coding?)

I have not had this issue with the excellent Eight-Voice or any other CA plugs.

I'm trying to hang on to this plug coz it's quirky and powerful, tho it doesn't have quite the bass end of Softube Modular, that's a fact
sunbambino

Post by sunbambino »

But I notice you say it crashes Reason as well.

I've just set the cores to 8 & the sampling rate to 48 (as someone recommended in another thread on this site).

No difference, crash after crash
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

sunbambino wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:04 am Do you feel this could be related to the version of Logic you're using? I'm on 10.6.1 which is very stable generally under OS Catalina.

The CPU hit is astronomical particularly when changing patches and I guess this could have a lot to do with instability. (What would I know about coding?)

I have not had this issue with the excellent Eight-Voice or any other CA plugs.

I'm trying to hang on to this plug coz it's quirky and powerful, tho it doesn't have quite the bass end of Softube Modular, that's a fact
I don't know. I'm in 10.4, under Mojave. No stability problems with any other plugins that I've experienced, including the Cherry standalones (PS20 and PolyMode), just with Voltage Modular.
sunbambino

Post by sunbambino »

Yup, interesting, that's my experience, no probs with other CA plugs.
FaveDave

Post by FaveDave »

I'm on Big Sur with Logic 10.7.1 and it crashes within minutes of opening VM and any other Cherry Audio VST.

VM and Quadra also crash Cubase and Luna. 3 major DAWS all crash because of Cherry Audio products. I've been doing DAWs for 20 years -- never seen anything like this.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

No idea as to the cause, but I wouldn't assign all your cores to VM. At least leave one dedicated to the OS.
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
GdM74FR

Post by GdM74FR »

I am working with Logic X 10.7.2 and since few days Logix X crash every time with Voltage Modular.
It's the same thing on my two Mac :
- MacPro 2013 - D700 x 2, 12 core, Big Sur
- Mac Pro 2019 - W7500X x 2, 16 core, Big Sur
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

GdM74FR wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:16 am I am working with Logic X 10.7.2 and since few days Logix X crash every time with Voltage Modular.
It's the same thing on my two Mac :
- MacPro 2013 - D700 x 2, 12 core, Big Sur
- Mac Pro 2019 - W7500X x 2, 16 core, Big Sur
Hi,

Please send in your log files. To locate your log files, launch Voltage Modular and click on "Settings" followed by clicking "General". Click "Show Log Folder". Please zip or archive all your log files and attach them to Cherry Audio Support request, along with the text of the Apple crash information.

Thank you!

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”