Feature requests: What I would like to have

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
honki-bobo

Feature requests: What I would like to have

Post by honki-bobo »

Dear Cherry Audio Team,

sometimes when I am working with VM I find myself thinking: "Wouldn't it be great if I could ...", or "Why can't I just ..."

Here I want to share some of these thoughts with you and hope that you'll take them as a feature suggestion/request.

1) I/O panel jacks in right-click menu
I would love to have all the IO panel jacks selectable in a submenu in the right-click drop down menu on module jacks. Just like I can select buses I want to select I/O panel jacks, too.

2) Linking controls
If I make a stereo patch I have to insert a lot of modules twice, which is basically not a big deal. But if I want to tweak a parameter, let's say the cutoff frequency of a filter, I need to assign the same performance knob to both cutoffs, or assign the same MIDI CC to them to control both at the same time. I think it would be great if I could right-click on the cutoff knob on filter A and select "Link to..." from the drop down menu. Then all selectable controls get highlighted (similar to Remote Controls "Learn Control" behavior). I then select the cutoff knob of filter B and if I move either one the other moves just the same. To remove the link I right-click on the control and select "Unlink..." from the menu. All linked controls get highlighted and I select the one I want to unlink. An "Unlink all" menu entry would also be nice.

3) Cabinet I/O panel
Working with cabinet presets saves a lot of time I make use of this quite frequently. The problem with cabinets is, I have to use labels on the modules to mark suggested inputs and outputs + performance assignments won't get saved with cabinets. I think it would be great to have some sort of I/O panel for cabinets that feature a few input and output jack + some performance knobs (see image below for suggestion). It would also be very handy if those input and output jacks would be available as buses inside the cabinet.

cab-io.jpg
cab-io.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

4) Info panels for cabinets
Using blank modules for taking notes is ok, but I think it would be more convenient if a cabinet would have a built-in info panel where the creator can take notes of what the patch inside the cabinet does. The info panel could also hold the cabinet name and the name of the creator.

cab-io with info panel.jpg
cab-io with info panel.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

That's it (for now). I hope you will consider these suggestions for one of the upcoming updates.

Best regards,
Martin
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube

Return to “Voltage Modular”