Use as effect in Logic

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Victotronics

Use as effect in Logic

Post by Victotronics »

I just bought the PSP modules for VM, which I want to use as an effect in Logic.

1. Loaded as effect.

2. There is a bunch of presets, but presumably I can only use the ones that are labeled "insert", right?

3. Getting no output. The "Audio Sources" indicates that there is audio coming in, but according to Logic nothing is going out.

I must be missing a simple step.
huggermugger

Re: Use as effect in Logic

Post by huggermugger »

2. I imagine you can use any preset you like. The added label 'insert' might just mean the wet/dry mix is set to something other than 100%.

3. Have you patched the output of the effect back to the host thru the MAIN OUTS?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 6.02.54 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 6.02.54 PM.jpg (298.47 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
Victotronics

Post by Victotronics »

Thanks. I made a patch like what you included and that worked. Good to know.

Otoh, there is something weird with the presets I have.

1. I observe that presets outside the "inserts" don't have their "audio sources" cabled to anything. (And yes, there are cables going to the Main Outs.) So I probably really need the insert ones.

2. other presets: In addition to the PSP modules they use modules that have no manufacturer, such as https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/s ... ereo-mixer. Some of these are marked "expired". What do I do with that?
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Victotronics wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:27 pm
1. I observe that presets outside the "inserts" don't have their "audio sources" cabled to anything. (And yes, there are cables going to the Main Outs.) So I probably really need the insert ones.
Ah, so maybe that's what they mean by the 'inserts' category. Can't you just patch the audio source yourself in the non-'insert' presets?

Return to “Voltage Modular”