preset swap / block load / Interrupted DAW Audio stream

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
wormtrax

preset swap / block load / Interrupted DAW Audio stream

Post by wormtrax »

I'm not sure why when I change the preset in Voltage Modular my entire DAW stops/Interrupts the Audiostream.

I'm running Ableton 10 on OSX High Sierra.

My goal is to use voltage modular as a virtual modular system with my Cirklon.

Some of the things i would need to make this work are:
  • load new patches without compromising DAW playback
  • Ability send a Midi Program Change and swap patches
  • Map the performance knobs to the controls in Ableton. (Looks like this works already! love the naming aspect of it too. will work well with controllers that have LED name displays)
I 100% love the software but this is the only thing that is preventing me from jumping in on the platform. Looking forward to making some modules as well. Thanks!
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: preset swap / block load / Interrupted DAW Audio stream

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hi Wormtrax,

<< load new patches without compromising DAW playback
Ability send a Midi Program Change and swap patches >>

Our new update, version 1.1.4, will likely be released today, and it allows you to use MIDI program change messages to switch patches. Try it and let us know how it works for you!

As for loading patches stopping DAW playback - I tested Voltage Modular right now in Logic on the Mac and in Mixcraft on Windows, and in all cases switching patches via the preset browser or the patch forward/backward button does not cause DAW playback to stop. Can you explain how you're switching patches? Are you using Ableton's own interface to save and load patches? Or better yet, would it be possible for you to take a video? I promise you, if we can reproduce this problem, we will fix it for you.

Thanks!
Dan
wormtrax

Post by wormtrax »

Wow that is awesome! Preset swapping seems to work... Great!

I uploaded a video of my behavior on wetransfer

https://we.tl/t-6ZuRKCf91W

You'll be able to hear the audio where the DAW hangs when swapping. I switch between two presets both using the GUI and the program change.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
Ableton 10.0.5
Voltage Modular 1.1.3 (I Installed version 1.1.4 but is still displaying 1.1.3) (VST)

This happens also with the AU version as well.
wormtrax

Post by wormtrax »

Please let me know if you were able to download the video. I understand it is the holidays and i'd be happy to re-up.

Return to “Voltage Modular”