Did the maximum number of installations change?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Steve W

Did the maximum number of installations change?

Post by Steve W »

Did the maximum number of installations change? I asked because repeatedly with VM 2.3.4 I was told that I reached the maximum over the span of two days. I ended up deactivating one of three previously activated and working computers. Originally I had VM running on my main PC, then added it to a laptop, and finally a second PC I am setting up.
(Voltage Modular is licensed for use on up to four computers. Users can log into their accounts to control which computers are licensed.) https://docs.cherryaudio.com/voltage-mo ... ng-started
Once I deleted the laptop's activation I was finally allowed to run VM on my second PC.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Did the maximum number of installations change?

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

It’s always 4, but issues with earlier versions have sometimes caused duplicates.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks clarification and for the tip about possible duplicate authorizations. I went into "Devices" and figured out I needed to remove the earliest authorization whenever a computer listed twice. At first I thought the date column was tracking my initial authorization. So, I kept that one and deleted yesterday's or today's duplication. Then I realized the date column is actually labelled "logged in" and seems to track the last date logged in as opposed to tracking when VM (or another CA product) was first installed.

Under https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/settings/devices I also saw duplicates of authorizations for some CA Instruments. They haven't been a problem yet, but I will also remove the earliest dated entry for duplicate authorizations.

The only issue I found was that after synchronizing with the server and re-downloading all my modules, VM no longer called up the last preset I had worked on for a given computer. Fortunately my favorites were not un-marked and my user presets were not erased (so far). So, with the Instruments, before I remove the earliest of any duplicates, I will make sure to boot and save/reset any presets I had been working on.

Again, thanks for the hint about possible duplicates.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

ran into the limit recently when upgrading a computer to win 10 (finally getting off the win 8.1 train for one computer at least)
had to do a clean install,
be on the lookout for install limits in the upcoming upgrade (phoey!) to Win 11

Return to “Voltage Modular”