Request for small mod to fader behaviour

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ColinP

Request for small mod to fader behaviour

Post by ColinP »

I've been using the Console Mixer more than usual recently and would like to request a small modification so that the faders behave more like real faders and indeed more like regular VM knobs. At the moment it's virtually impossible to position the mouse cursor exactly on the control so that you avoid a sudden jump.

When you touch a real fader it doesn't suddenly jump to a new setting and neither does a VM knob when you click on it, but the VM slider component does.

When mixing it's typical that you are trying to adjust something up or down by just a few dB and the fader randomly jumping up or down by more than this when you go anywhere near it makes using the Console Mixer a total nightmare. Also the current behaviour means it's really easy to accidentally change a fader setting when all one is trying to do is click on a mute or solo button.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Request for small mod to fader behaviour

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Does holding down the Ctrl or Cmd key while adjusting help?

Greg
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Fantastic, yes it does!

Many thanks Greg.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Holding down Ctrl also fixes the problem with accidentally making drastic changes to the fader setting when not quite hitting the Mute or Solo buttons bang on. When the Ctrl key is held down then the slider completely ignores clicks that aren't on the fader knob.

I've been almost tearing my hair out trying to get an eight part drum mix right this afternoon so you have no idea how happy this has made me!

:D

Return to “Voltage Modular”