Does Mercury 4 come with modules for Voltage?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I ask, because we usually get modules for VM when we buy the plugin synths, but I don't see any info in this case.
Steve W

Re: Does Mercury 4 come with modules for Voltage?

Post by Steve W »

wavemechanic wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 pm I ask, because we usually get modules for VM when we buy the plugin synths, but I don't see any info in this case.
From what I have seen The Eight Voice instrument and the SEM modules were released for sale at the same time with a slight discount. I recall that several instruments were released for sale after earlier modules had been available, such as the CA2600 Instrument and the Synth Voice modules and the Polymode Instrument and the Polymode module.

Have there been any Instruments released that also came with VM modules? For the Instruments I purchased, I have tried them in VM using the plug-in host (or mini host) and they work.

Are you saying that the Mercury 4 doesn't work when hosted in VM?
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Actually, that sounds right to me. I'm probably a bit foggy on my recollection. I'm always excited about the extra related modules that get released around the same time. The 2600 was a great example.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

wavemechanic wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 pm I ask, because we usually get modules for VM when we buy the plugin synths, but I don't see any info in this case.
I've never seen Cherry giving away modules to customers who purchase one of their standalone synths.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

huggermugger wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:40 pm I've never seen Cherry giving away modules to customers who purchase one of their standalone synths.
Yes, I believe you are correct, and I bought the modules later upon release.

Return to “Voltage Modular”