Hetrick's NLC Divide and Conquer?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
tgrey

Hetrick's NLC Divide and Conquer?

Post by tgrey »

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/d ... nd-conquer

It shows as "Buy in bundle" for me, even tho I already own the bundle... which was free to start with :lol:

Are there any tricks to getting this to appear for existing NLC bundle owners, or is this a bug on the store's end?
Steve W

Re: Hetrick's NLC Divide and Conquer?

Post by Steve W »

Good question. I own the bundle, including the new module (allegedly), but it doesn't get added to my library--even with a manual refresh.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Same for me.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

the same module for vcv rack just got submitted 11 hours ago, so maybe it's not ready yet, or maybe the store's getting ready for whatever the big reveal is on 9/16, and it's stuck in approval queue until they've got more time?
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

I'd like to think that, but this seems very similar to the problem that affected all of the recently added Vult modules too.

Basically, they were listed as part of the existing Vult bundles, and they were available for sale individually too, even to people that owned the bundle. They existed! People that should have already owned them bought them anyway. It took a few extra days for existing bundle owners to get proper access to the new modules.

I also know I have seen threads about the same problem with other manufacturers too, but I wasn't affected so I don't recall who/what it was offhand.
It's a minor annoyance sure, but it feels a bit like being punished for being an early adopter. And it seems to keep happening.

It'd be great it Cherry Audio could at least comment on this... could it possibly get looked at and hopefully fixed for everyone going forward, not just this one module?
trickyflemming

Post by trickyflemming »

It might have been a mistake on my end. I tried updating the existing bundle page and it looked like it accepted it, but I guess that's not the way to do it. I submitted a new "build" of the bundle for approval, which will take a few days. In the meantime, I made Divide & Conquer available outside of the bundle for free. Let me know if that fixes it. Sorry for the hassle!
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

No prob, even if it was your fault. It's good to hear what's going on tho, especially when the problem keeps coming up.

Maybe if the submission process is confusing it's something CA could improve for the devs?

Either way, can't wait to get my hands in it... Looks like a fantastically useful divider!
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

trickyflemming wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:21 pm It might have been a mistake on my end. I tried updating the existing bundle page and it looked like it accepted it, but I guess that's not the way to do it. I submitted a new "build" of the bundle for approval, which will take a few days. In the meantime, I made Divide & Conquer available outside of the bundle for free. Let me know if that fixes it. Sorry for the hassle!
Thanks, got it!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

For me Divide and Conquer did not get retrieved / added to my library automatically when I logged on to VM. So I tried refresh. That didn't add it.

So, I went to the Store tab within VM, found it, clicked the "Free" button, and added it to my Library that way.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Did a quick counting test. Not sure if the top section is correct or if my tester is not quite right. Maybe someone else could test? Tried to attach an image, but evidently either my attachment quota or the board's attachment quota has been reached.

Return to “Voltage Modular”