Bug: no response from midi E2 F2 F#2 G2, from midi or qwerty

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
jneudorf

Bug: no response from midi E2 F2 F#2 G2, from midi or qwerty

Post by jneudorf »

For some reason, Voltage Modular Core does not seem to respond if I use notes E2 ... G2 on either the midi keyboard or QWERTY keyboard; the red midi "LED" does not show up in either case. But it does respond on other notes (and the red indicator does turn on).

This is on either factory presets, or a very basic test layout (enclosed), and does not occur with other VSTs.

I can't find any settings which might affect this. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Really basic layout
Really basic layout
Screenshot 2021-07-30 191644.png (404.11 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Steve W

Re: Bug: no response from midi E2 F2 F#2 G2, from midi or qwerty

Post by Steve W »

Have you hooked up an O'scope? On my PC using the Osc at 16', I hear and see all midi notes from 0 to 75; from 76 to 78, I can hear the notes sometimes depending on how I turn my head; from 79 to 120 I hear nothing, but the O'scope show the wave. For me its a matter of hearing loss/tinnitus.

Also, is there something in your system that is filtering out those notes? Any chance you used them for MIDI Learn?

EDIT: Just saw your other post:
jneudorf wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:30 pm This seems similar to my problem with Voltage Modular in standalone mode. It appears to be E2-G2 that become dead.

Edit: as per the above post, it was performance mode--I had mapped E2 F2 F#2 G2 to buttons. I needed to unlearn those.
Yup! Evidently you assigned those notes, so they are not going to the oscilator.

Return to “Voltage Modular”