FR: Variation Module Immunity (solved!)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Ade

FR: Variation Module Immunity (solved!)

Post by Ade »

Would anyone else see value in a module 'immunity' setting, where the parameters of designated modules lock across variations, obviating the need to update a mass of settings? Say, for example, you need to divide a clock across 10 variations; you would immunize the module and see that instantly reflected across all variations.
(edited to approximate original post, edited in error by Dan :lol: )
Last edited by Ade on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huggermugger

Re: FR: Variation Module Immunity

Post by huggermugger »

Variations are one of VM's many UI treasures. I'd love to see your idea implemented. I've run into the same issue more than once.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hi,
Would anyone else see value in a module 'immunity' setting, where the designated modules will allow values to update across the entire series of variations?
This feature already exists. Right-click on a module and uncheck "Enable Variations," and that module will no longer change when a variation is selected. There's no need to resave each variation with a new value - the "Enable Variations" state is saved as part of the preset.

I hope that helps!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

P.S. Sorry, I accidentally modified your original post and I'm not sure how to get it back!
Ade

Post by Ade »

Ha! I just checked in to say I just saw it right in context menu of the modules... looking at me. :oops: :D
Well, things just got a whole lot better! Thanks very much.
Ade

Return to “Voltage Modular”