Loading Reason Rack plugin in VM's plugin host is an absolute pain and I can't even search for Reason in this forum

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
schoekah

Re: Loading Reason Rack plugin in VM's plugin host is an absolute pain and I can't even search for Reason in this forum

Post by schoekah »

on youtube, poohbear's reason channel does a lot of stuff with VM - check in on that channel!
MC242

Re: Loading Reason Rack plugin in VM's plugin host is an absolute pain and I can't even search for Reason in this forum

Post by MC242 »

Yeah and looking at the videos, he does it the other way round, he loads VM into Reason standalone.
But that's not what I'm talking about.
Anyway, good to see that it works this way at least.
Still I would appreciate if I could load up Reason in VM and not vice versa.
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

MC242 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:44 am Yeah and looking at the videos, he does it the other way round, he loads VM into Reason standalone.
But that's not what I'm talking about.
Anyway, good to see that it works this way at least.
Still I would appreciate if I could load up Reason in VM and not vice versa.
I do use Reason as a VST inside of VM without any issues, will be doing a video about it soon however it won't help as this is a setup issue which I don't have, so it may be down to the platform you are using.. I'm Windows 10 latest released build, running both Reason 11 and Reason 12 beta.

Also note I have used (and it's still my current setup) Reason 12 RRPi as a VST with VM, TBH I don't any difference between Reason 11 and Reason 12 RRPi..

and yes I have run Reason, then loaded VM and then loaded Reason's RRPi inside of that, I will admit that configuration is quite unstable and I do feel at any second a wormhole in time and space is ready to rip through into our universe. LOL.

RRPi = Reason Rack Pluggin.

Regards
PoohBear
MC242

Post by MC242 »

Thank you for the informations, PoohBear! I appreciate this!
Well, I'm impatiently waiting for Reason 12 coming to me on Sept, 1st for me as a perpetual user.

And indeed, I'm running everything on a Mac Pro 2013 with Mac OS Big Sure, so I guess we can't compare setups as it's completely different.
So what I wrote is still valid and I'm still waiting for RRP 11 working inside VM.

Cheers!
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

MC242 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:10 pm Thank you for the informations, PoohBear! I appreciate this!
Well, I'm impatiently waiting for Reason 12 coming to me on Sept, 1st for me as a perpetual user.

And indeed, I'm running everything on a Mac Pro 2013 with Mac OS Big Sure, so I guess we can't compare setups as it's completely different.
So what I wrote is still valid and I'm still waiting for RRP 11 working inside VM.

Cheers!
FYI: I a perpetual user as well (running the beta) :)

and I was not watering down your issue hence I wrote "it won't help as this is a setup issue which I don't have, so it may be down to the platform you are using.."

Also note I had a funny and for the life of me I can't remember what when using their (VM) Mini plugin host over there full one. I know they should be same but one worked and the other had issues.

Regards
PB
MC242

Post by MC242 »

Thank you for your answer, PoohBear!
I have applied for the beta test of Reason 12 now. :mrgreen:
I will make some tests with the mini plugin host. Maybe it works better. :)
Currently though I have much bigger problems with the Voltage Modular plugin.
It crashes nearly all my daws. So I will have to resolve these first until I can experiment a bit further with the standalone.

Return to “Voltage Modular”