Just purchased - unable to use in Reason 10.2

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
chimp_spanner

Just purchased - unable to use in Reason 10.2

Post by chimp_spanner »

Hey everyone! Any Reason users got this working as a VST? It crashes at launch and becomes blacklisted. I know currently Reason doesn't support VST3, but I chose both VST and VST3 so I don't think it's that. Any ideas? Thanks!
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Just purchased - unable to use in Reason 10.2

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Chimp_spanner,

Unfortunately, Voltage Modular is not currently compatible with Reason on Windows. Reason on the Mac works fine., though.

Reason is intercepting normal exceptions from our Java engine and thinking that they are fatal exceptions. We have a solution planned....but it might add extra CPU usage and will take several months, probably. The best thing would be for Reason to not treat every exception as a fatal exception. We've reported this to Reason, but we have not gotten any response. If Reason users start reporting this to Propellerhead, perhaps they will address it.
chimp_spanner

Post by chimp_spanner »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:36 pm Chimp_spanner,

Unfortunately, Voltage Modular is not currently compatible with Reason on Windows. Reason on the Mac works fine., though.

Reason is intercepting normal exceptions from our Java engine and thinking that they are fatal exceptions. We have a solution planned....but it might add extra CPU usage and will take several months, probably. The best thing would be for Reason to not treat every exception as a fatal exception. We've reported this to Reason, but we have not gotten any response. If Reason users start reporting this to Propellerhead, perhaps they will address it.
Hey, thanks for the response! Ah I just submitted a support ticket. Kind of a shame - would you be able to assist me with a refund? It's really nothing against the software itself. But Reason is my primary DAW. If the situation changes in the future I would pick it up again!

*Edit: I will just add to this that, knowing that Propellerheads priority right now is VST optimisation in general, I think any fix from their end would take at least as long as from yours. Again, a real shame as they're so well suited for each other! But right now, it's just not meant to be!
antic604

Post by antic604 »

Perhaps this is why Props are not interested in fixing Reason's compatibility for VM? ;)

https://youtu.be/KJaVtEaFyUc
martb

Post by martb »

Apparently Reason 11.2, which has just been released, will work with VM. I'm still on version 10 so can't test it, but hopefully it's ok.
TheDragonborg

Post by TheDragonborg »

I'm so glad I got this for free cause I would be super pissed if I paid money and couldn't even use it as I have no interest in upgrading to Reason 11 right now. And the fact that there is no fix for Reason 10... 2 years later is really upsetting.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

TheDragonborg wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:01 pm I'm so glad I got this for free cause I would be super pissed if I paid money and couldn't even use it as I have no interest in upgrading to Reason 11 right now. And the fact that there is no fix for Reason 10... 2 years later is really upsetting.
It's out of our hands and it is a Reason issue, unfortunately. Sorry about that...they are at least fixing it in Reason 11...although, last I checked they still had some issues to fix.
TheDragonborg

Post by TheDragonborg »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:07 pm
TheDragonborg wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:01 pm I'm so glad I got this for free cause I would be super pissed if I paid money and couldn't even use it as I have no interest in upgrading to Reason 11 right now. And the fact that there is no fix for Reason 10... 2 years later is really upsetting.
It's out of our hands and it is a Reason issue, unfortunately. Sorry about that...they are at least fixing it in Reason 11...although, last I checked they still had some issues to fix.
Yeah but I'm not about to upgrade to Reason 11 anytime soon...

Return to “Voltage Modular”