Inspiration/Customer killer

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
skyt

Re: Inspiration/Customer killer

Post by skyt »

The car analogy was a simple one about vanishing purchases. I'd be surprised if code is deteriorating in your folders ;)

Contacted customer support. Awaiting a response.
Mac Pro, OSX Mohave (10.14.6)
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We're definitely not just deleting customer's modules. You had an old version of Voltage Modular before. Has the problem happened with version 2.2.5?

Greg
skyt

Post by skyt »

It never happens right away, so not yet as I only updated and restored a few days ago. Sent log files to Customer Support showing the last working startup and the subsequent one where the modules were missing.
skyt

Post by skyt »

Customer Support said

We're currently working on version 2.3.2, and we'll release it if it passes our beta testing. It has further protections against this issue.

So hopefully all will be fully resolved soon.
skyt

Post by skyt »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:13 pm Hi,

We're definitely not just deleting customer's modules. You had an old version of Voltage Modular before. Has the problem happened with version 2.2.5?

Greg
Yes, using version 2.2.5, the modules all disappeared again. Waiting on v2.3.2.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Check your email in a bit.

Greg
RockyConlin

Post by RockyConlin »

IDK why, but I never had such a problem. Maybe because I always check and update my device, and also, it can work if you will clean the cache data and do a reboot to the app. If all this stuff doesn't work, I think the in-app version is the problem. I always ask my customers about it, and they say all is working. Actually, I have my own business, and losing customers isn't in my favor, so yeah... always check. It's pretty hard to run a business. Still, I work a lot and started using advertising curbs that attract attention more with https://create.vista.com/templates/mood-board/ . Now I can say that I'm successful!
Last edited by RockyConlin on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

RockyConlin wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:26 pm so, everything is well now?
Hi,

Are you having any issues?

Greg
TheGarnet

Post by TheGarnet »

I am a new user of VM, so I am using a download this week VM 2.5.5

I have spent a lot of money this week buying a lot of modules.

I was very concerned about the issue raised by Skyt. I suffer from T-Mobile internet which is extremely glitchy north of San Francisco.

I closed VM. Then disabled my Wifi. Then reloaded VM.

All my modules loaded without complaint without having internet access.

The big patches I have been trying, I tried them with no wifi, and they still had all their audio glitches too when run without internet on this top of the line pre-M1 apple laptop. ;(

Wish I had tested bigger patches in demo mode to discover the audio performance problems before laying down a lot of money on modules.

Update: Checking the box for multiple threads is necessary to get VM to go farther. See my other thread: viewtopic.php?t=2459
Plasticlegs

Post by Plasticlegs »

I was playing a few demos I created a while ago and saw it was missing an instrument. I was disappointed to see it was gone. While attempting to create a new song I learned the software needed me to log into Cherry Audio to add the instrument back. I had to do that separately for each instrument that was removed. They had to be redownloaded?

I've been entertaining the idea of buying more instruments from Cherry Audio because they sound amazing.

Instruments being removed from existing projects, is certainly a concern I share.

I can't imagine if I had the whole synth library and had to determine what's been removed and individually redownload each instrument scattered randomly through various projects.

Ouch!

Return to “Voltage Modular”