Issues with Poly Sources in Voltage Modular

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
daeldred

Issues with Poly Sources in Voltage Modular

Post by daeldred »

Need help with VOLTAGE MODULAR 2

I need some help setting up a basic synth (not new to synths, but new to modular synths).

These are the connections and settings that I am using in Windows 10 as a standalone app.

1. POLY SOURCES NUMBER OF VOICES is set to 1.
2. POLY SOURCES/Poly Pitch to POLY SUPER OSCILLATOR/Pitch CV
3. POLY SUPER OSCILLATOR/+ Output to POLY AMPLIFIER/Input
4. POLY AMPLIFIER/Mono Mix Out to MAINS OUTS to host/1L(M)
5. POLY SOURCES/Poly Gate to POLY AMPLIFIER/Poly CV Mod

As I play notes on my controller I get the corresponding note out of my speakers. I am also getting a steady, low, and continuous audible signal in the background that will not go away. Can someone help me.
Steve W

Re: Issues with Poly Sources in Voltage Modular

Post by Steve W »

I don't see an envelope generator to shape the loudness of the sound going into the amplifier. It makes sense that you have continuous audio if the baseline gain on the amp is higher than zero. You are hearing the oscillator which is always outputting audio. Try turning the amp gain all the way down and adding an EG to control the amp.

Also, note that I have the gate going to the EG, not the amp.

The way you had it, all you really needed to do to get rid of the hum was to turn the amp gain down, but sooner or later you will probably want to use EGs or other controlling voltages for amps, filters, and other things.

And welcome to the world of virtual modular synths.

EG added - 001a.png
EG added - 001a.png (488.24 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
daeldred

Re: Issues with Poly Sources in Voltage Modular

Post by daeldred »

Thank you for your assistance. It is usually the simple stuff that bites you (I used to be able to program my old BIT 99 and Korg Poly-8). Made your suggested changes and everything is working just fine. Have a great day.

Return to “Voltage Modular”