playertron trigger player

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ravasb

playertron trigger player

Post by ravasb »

Playertron does not have its own section of the forum, so I hope the dev reads this. I bought trigger player and basically like it, but the loading of samples is really clunky. There is no way to set the default folder and there is no drag and drop. Every time you load a sample you have to find the folder again. There was no demo, and I just bought it on impulse, so this is my fault. I do not see myself using it too often until the sample loading issue is addressed.
Steve W

Re: playertron trigger player

Post by Steve W »

Odd. I guess the module developer's modules got posted before a sub-thread was set up. Thanks for the ad hoc review to let other potential buyers know. I hope for your sake the dev sees your post and can improve the module. I have had good experiences with other module designers being responsive to consumers. Caveat emptor!
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

Steve W wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:50 pm Odd. I guess the module developer's modules got posted before a sub-thread was set up. Thanks for the ad hoc review to let other potential buyers know. I hope for your sake the dev sees your post and can improve the module. I have had good experiences with other module designers being responsive to consumers. Caveat emptor!
Thank you. My experience has been pretty good, too.
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

There is also no contact info for this developer.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I created a topic for Playertron.

Edited to add: I also sent them an email about this post.

Greg
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:54 pm Hi,

I created a topic for Playertron.

Edited to add: I also sent them an email about this post.

Greg
Thank you, Greg!
playertron

Post by playertron »

Hi!

Nice to hear that someone still navigates folders instead of just the search bar! Sorry for the inconvenience, but it should be solved now - I've just submitted a build that remembers your last directory and you'll get the update when CA approves the build.

Drag & drop could eventually be added, but that's more than something I can solve during this lunch break and we worried that it seems like it'd cause trouble with the packed interface (replacing the wrong sample), but we can look give it a try...

Anyway, thanks for buying the Trigger Player - it's part of a group of modules, designed to work with each other, that'll be rolled out here and there in the coming weeks. Soon to come, will be a sequencer that sequences copies of itself in a recursive style, and it has 6 trigger outputs that make for a natural alliance with this modules, so hopefully that'll also be something that'll make you glad to own the Trigger Player.

Cheers,
CP

Oh, and thanks Greg for emailing to let me know about the post!
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

playertron wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:41 pm Hi!

Nice to hear that someone still navigates folders instead of just the search bar! Sorry for the inconvenience, but it should be solved now - I've just submitted a build that remembers your last directory and you'll get the update when CA approves the build.

Drag & drop could eventually be added, but that's more than something I can solve during this lunch break and we worried that it seems like it'd cause trouble with the packed interface (replacing the wrong sample), but we can look give it a try...

Anyway, thanks for buying the Trigger Player - it's part of a group of modules, designed to work with each other, that'll be rolled out here and there in the coming weeks. Soon to come, will be a sequencer that sequences copies of itself in a recursive style, and it has 6 trigger outputs that make for a natural alliance with this modules, so hopefully that'll also be something that'll make you glad to own the Trigger Player.

Cheers,
CP

Oh, and thanks Greg for emailing to let me know about the post!
Thank you, CP. I bought the first bundle, too. Glad to hear about the update and the upcoming modules.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

i did not test the module. looking at it, seems like something i have been longing for, but: could we get a pitch control for each part? ;)
playertron

Post by playertron »

xones2358 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:41 pm i did not test the module. looking at it, seems like something i have been longing for, but: could we get a pitch control for each part? ;)
Stayed up last night working on this - it's kind of a whole different construction on the back end & unintuitively sort of a different project altogether, but your request was a good excuse to build out an idea that I've been meaning to dust off from my days building digital hardware effects (this monster was a "real-time sampler" prototype that lives only in my closet). The idea was sparked by my grad work at the time, in genetics, and the effect of insertion & deletion mutations on DNA transcription. Anyway, it's a very raw sounding, needlessly arcane, and very unpolished approach to pitch shifting, but it sounds cool, perhaps more honest, and lets you dial in musical relationships for melodies, in an interesting way. I also worked on a partner calculator module to help you dial in particular pitches.

Thanks for the little push and, if you're interested, you'll see it appear as a bundle in the store soon (I'll post it as a separate device from the original, b/c it's sort of its own thing that's not so streamlined and for different purposes, but existing owners can get a discount for however much they paid already if they want the extra stuff)...
Last edited by playertron on Fri May 28, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Voltage Modular”