GUI design option request. (Repost)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
JackOats

GUI design option request. (Repost)

Post by JackOats »

I would really love to have the option of replacing some of the present CA module GUI designs with some of my own - if only for my own patches.
I'm sure the clever people in the C.A. Dev department could devise a way to make this possible?
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
ColinP

Re: GUI design option request. (Repost)

Post by ColinP »

This isn't quite as easy to implement as one might expect because GUIs can be made up of a mix of background artwork and programmatic elements such as rectangles, lines and text as well as controls and sockets.

So it's generally not simply a case of offering the option to replace an image file with your own custom one (which would be easy to implement).
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

@ColinP
to replace an image file with your own custom one (which would be easy to implement).
Well, thank you Colin - this is really actually what I'm suggesting.
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

What about an option that would allow users to swap just the background element, maybe even to either flat colors or a graphic (similar to the module designer)? That would allow people that prefer a light or dark rack to maintain a general look, while not going down the rabbit hole of complete customization.

It would still be left up to users to pick safe background colors that don't wash out text labels or GUI other elements... but as long as there's a way to revert to the default, even a worst case scenario could easily be recovered.
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

Would be nice to hear what Cherry Audio think on this subject! ;) Hi - anyone there?

Return to “Voltage Modular”