Hiding modules from VM library [VM Feature request]

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Nrgzr78

Hiding modules from VM library [VM Feature request]

Post by Nrgzr78 »

This is an old kind of request, almost one year ago, to have the possibility to MOVE/HIDE/REMOVE from VM app unwanted modules.

Maybe add in the sort list (Name, Category, Manufacturer, etc...) a new entry like "Unwanted", "Hidden" or whatever you wanna call it where to move the unwanted modules from all of the other lists (Favorites, All, Controllers, CV Processors, etc..).
tgrey

Re: Hiding modules from VM library [VM Feature request]

Post by tgrey »

I agree, it'd be great to have a top level way to "hide" modules, especially since I have a few that appear to be broken and abandoned by the author...

In the meantime, I just discovered that you can recategorize modules, and even create new categories if you like... this will at least help clean up the "Add Modules" context menu, but they will still show in the library and in searches. I've spent the last day moving things to categories that make more logical sense, some just seemed to be in odd places (Vult oscillators in sources for example)

Anyways, to recategorize a module, right click on the module in the library view and choose "Tag Editor".
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

tgrey wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:48 pm Anyways, to recategorize a module, right click on the module in the library view and choose "Tag Editor".
Good to know. Thanks for the tip.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Yup, I had requested this around that time or near product launch. I still want that ability. And I want the ability to shop for modules without having to see anything I already own. These are important features to me but don't supersede next/prev buttons in any module that references files and other pressing concerns. Basically, they are all important to me. :)
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

wavemechanic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:42 am And I want the ability to shop for modules without having to see anything I already own.
If you are talking about the Web Store, doesn't the "Hide Products I Own Button" work on your computer?
If you are talking about the In-App Store, doesn't VM already place purchased modules in the "Purchased" category?
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Oh snap, missed that. :P OK, ignore that part.

Return to “Voltage Modular”