Major updates coming soon...

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Nrgzr78

Major updates coming soon...

Post by Nrgzr78 »

Hi VMers, I'm constantly revisiting and/or updating either new and old modules therefore stay tuned because in few days (I hope so) those updates and some new module will be available.

Soon I'll post a list of modules that have been deprecated/replaced by new ones due to wrong title name and also for some improvement.

I'm also getting rid of the visual knob automation on all of my modules (any Midi feature will NOT be affected), the majority of users reported that it can make their eyes too tired...so no problem, I'm doing it.

If some user own modules that are part of such list they'll be able to download the new ones for free.

It's already happening but I just need time to write and post that list...sorry for the inconvenience but I'm a "little" busy these days...

Thanks everybody for patience ;)
Last edited by Nrgzr78 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve W

Re: Major updates coming soon...

Post by Steve W »

Nrgzr78 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:33 pm I'm also getting rid of the visual knob automation on all of my modules . . . .
I don't think I have ever used your modules, but seeing the above comment, I am wondering if by "visual knob automation" you mean that the knobs are animated (they move) based on incoming signals? If that's what they do, I might be interested and am wondering if you will have a clearance sale on them.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

As I said I'm going to get rid of that feature but not for few modules, that's why I have to make a list soon...

Anyway here attached there's a patch I made for you just to see that feature on some modules, when used with low frequency this feature is kind of enjoyable, while using higher frequency is not that much.
You can try that yourself messing up with things.

I just tried putting that feature to see users response of it and the final decision is to remove just the visual behavior.

Although the final decision is already taken, I willingly hear your thoughts about it.

Patch --- >
Steve W_animated knobs.voltagepreset
(20.72 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Tell me if you can download this file.

If you don't own any of these modules, you can download them as DEMO (it lasts one day).

If you are interested in purchasing some of them just have a look at the bundles first maybe you can find a better deal nevertheless everything is still on sale. ;)
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Yes, I was able to download and open the preset. Thanks. Since I am partial to sliders, rather than demo the 15+ modules in that patch, I demoed the Sliders and used MIDI Learn to see if the sliders track midi data. They did. Revised question: After you get done updating the modules you have been talking about, will the Sliders continue to move as they do now?
Last edited by Steve W on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

Sliders will not be affected ... ;)
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks. I hope the other modules with sliders (Slider and XFader) in the Custom Channel Bundle will also retain the automated visual movement. :-)
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

Don't get it wrong, no Midi feature will be affected....

Return to “Voltage Modular”