Cherry Audio please, enable one step record mode in step sequencers

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
rfj

Cherry Audio please, enable one step record mode in step sequencers

Post by rfj »

It would be great to record sequences in VM sequencers step by step from a MIDI keyboard. Many times I have a sequence or bassline in mind that I can’t replicate properly by moving sliders in VM sequencers
seal58

Re: Cherry Audio please, enable one step record mode in step sequencers

Post by seal58 »

+1
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I know it's not quite the same as using a simple step sequencer but the new Mighty Piano Roll can perform step recording, so would give you much of the functionality required.

Another option that will be available soon is the Adroit Melody Sequencer which is specifically designed to support this kind of work flow.

http://www.adroitsynthesis.com/melody-sequencer-module/
rfj

Post by rfj »

ColinP wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:41 pm I know it's not quite the same as using a simple step sequencer but the new Mighty Piano Roll can perform step recording, so would give you much of the functionality required.
I know BUT Mighty Piano Roll don't allow you to use alternate play modes such as those featured in Octagon sequencer by Cherry Audio for instance.

Since there is a Step Record Mode enabled in Mighty Piano Roll it would be great to enable such feature in Octagon and the rest of Cherry Audio sequencers.

Return to “Voltage Modular”