VM2500 Collection and other GREATNESS added by CA+MRB! Let*s discuss!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xones2358

VM2500 Collection and other GREATNESS added by CA+MRB! Let*s discuss!

Post by xones2358 »

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/vm2500-collection

!!!!!

Now that was an idea, I do adore to the deepest.

I may even say, I am spiritually moved! ( and so is my purse :lol: )
Last edited by xones2358 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: VM2500 Collection and other GREATNESS added by CA! Let*s discuss!

Post by Cherry Dan »

The VM2500 Collection is a collaboration between Cherry Audio and MRB, and it's taken us many months of studying schematics, combing through obscure documentation, and hunting down ancient literature to get every detail of these modules right. The ARP 2500 series modules were created so early in the development of synthesizer technology that there were some odd and unusual choices made in the designs and layouts of these modules. (Where else will you find a 10-step sequencer?)

Getting this right was a passion project for us, and we're thrilled with the results. Being able to wire VM2500 modules up to other Voltage Modular modules is an amazing and often intense experience. Just imagine a 2500 without limitations! For us, it's a dream come true.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

The PR (forum post) says "Join us for a Live Stream on Friday, April 16th, at 1PM PDT to learn more about the VM2500 Collection. We'll explore some creative, awe-inspiring ways to wire up our new VM2500 Collection modules!"

But, the reminder for the live event says: "Live in 23 hours April 16, 2:00 PM."

I am on EDT and it is just after 2:00 pm EDT.

So, will it be at 1:00 PM PDT tomorrow? or 24 hours from 1:00 PM EDT? (Or am I missing a piece of the puzzle here? Ever since "they" messed around with the start and end of DST, I can no longer keep track!)
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Steve W wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 pm So, will it be at 1:00 PM PDT tomorrow?
Yes, it'll be at 1PM PDT tomorrow. We've adjusted the video on YouTube - thanks for the heads up!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
jgillmanjr

Post by jgillmanjr »

I'm presuming that Cameron is doing the stream?

If so, you know it's gonna be good!
A data engineer and pilot that occasionally makes sounds suitable for public consumption.

I've started making modules too!
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I'm blown away. The modules I value are Voice Synth, Triple VCA, Multimode Filter, Dual (Tank) Reverb, Scope, Mixer, Quad Envelope. More than pays for itself, as these will be frequent go-tos for me and are very unique. Nice job, MRB & Cherry!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Cherry Dan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 pm
Steve W wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:13 pm So, will it be at 1:00 PM PDT tomorrow?
Yes, it'll be at 1PM PDT tomorrow. We've adjusted the video on YouTube - thanks for the heads up!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Thanks! YouTube Reminder has it right now: 4:00 PM EDT.
xuoham

Re: VM2500 Collection and other GREATNESS added by CA+MRB! Let*s discuss!

Post by xuoham »

I am blown away ...

Kudos to CA and Mark "MRB" Barton.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!
Sas2506

Post by Sas2506 »

Hi, looking forward to getting into this... great to see some really positive additions to the module collection.

Just a note - for me the 1004-R Oscillator individual wave selection on/off switches are not doing anything... defaulting to on.

Thanks
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I really can't get over how good this bundle is. The filter, triple VCA and reverb are to die for, and there are so many other useful modules in the bunch. I just completed building a poly synth using a couple poly SuperOSCs into the PSP poly ADSR/VCA, then converted poly to mono and went into the Multimode Filter (controlled by the Quad Envelope), Triple VCA, a chorus, and out the Dual tank Verb. One of the best poly synths ever, and it's just a primary OSC with a sub OSC. Oh, I also used the random occasional noise generator from this bundle and fed it to the PSP. Magical, is all I can say. Amazing that this is software, because it sure sounds like hardware.

Return to “Voltage Modular”