Newbe help

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
danno

Newbe help

Post by danno »

Hey I've looked at the past topics and searched the net but can't find the answer which is probably simple.

I can't get any sound out of the Voltage Modulator. be it a preloaded midi or direct from my midi player. the VM is recognising it in the mains out/limiter level meter and will play the raw midi if I connect it to the audio sources plug but can't seem to get it to work.

any ideas?
somebodyelseuk

Re: Newbe help

Post by somebodyelseuk »

I'm new, too, but your post is a little confusing.
Best advice at this point is go to YouTube, find Cherry Audio Channel and watch the beginner videos to start with.
If you need more help then come back, with a few more details - what DAW and what you're using to produce midi. Chances are it'll be something that's really simple, when you know how, kind of thing that's so obvious, the experienced guys wouldn't think of it.
Hang in there.
seal58

Re: Newbe help

Post by seal58 »

MIDI is a digital protocol that is used to control musical instruments. It's not a regular sound.

In simpliest way: If your control source is a midi device or a midi player, you need to split it at least to pitch cv and gate cv. These two control voltages you can use to control oscillator pitch and amplifier level (normally in addition with enevope generator).

Because midi can contain up to 16 channels and several notes at same time, it's not so simple.

If you have a VST instrument, you can send midi to it. That' a regular way.

Return to “Voltage Modular”