Micro Burst ?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Steve W

Re: Micro Burst ?

Post by Steve W »

Second attempt to attach preset.
Attachments
Micro Burst Ex 001a.voltagepreset
(9.34 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
StevenMikel

Post by StevenMikel »

Steve W wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:16 am
StevenMikel wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:57 pm I did a really basic patch with MicroBurst. I was hoping somebody could show me/us a musical way of using MicroBurst.
Not sure how basic your basic patches have been. Here's a very basic use of Micro Burst as a one-shot arpeggiator (simple tonal example):

2021-03-11 Micro Burst Example 001a.png

Basic theory of operation (role of Micro Burst Module):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • USB keyboard outputs (a) a trigger, (b) a pitch, and (c) a gate.
  • keyboard trigger goes to (d) Micro Burst Module and (e) 8 step sequencer's reset
  • (f) pitch goes to CV offset of 8 step sequencer as the initial note of the one-shot arp
  • (g) gate goes to envelope generator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Micro Burst Module sends out up to 9 triggers for each USB keypress
  • the 8 step sequencer plays steps 1 -> 8 and stops
  • if the keypress is held down (i.e., sustained), the amp + env gen holds step 1
  • if another key is pressed, the 8 step sequencer resets to step 1
Option: Change the number of busts from 9 to 25 (or another multiple of the number of steps used + 1).
Note: This is far less creative than the experimental patches I have been playing with, but I hope it demonstrates the start of a tonal application. It is simple but could readily be made more complicated. Hope this helps.
Thank you
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

You're welcome. I had fun learning about that module. I had never used it myself and now have some ideas to explore!

Return to “Voltage Modular”