2.2.4 won't install

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
andro

2.2.4 won't install

Post by andro »

Windows 10. Downloaded 2.2.4. Total failure. VM keeps asking to install new version after quitting, the result four times in a row, still on 2.2.3 and error messages about common interface something version mismatch. Uninstalled, reinstalled and same thing. VM now unusable and I don't know how to revert to 2.2.3 or where to download that now - only 2.2.4 in my library on the CA site.

Is this why 2.2.4 was not announced? Then why put it in my library?

The first time to date I have struggled with VM. I confess to being rather unhappy about this.
ColinP

Re: 2.2.4 won't install

Post by ColinP »

I'm using Windows 10 and 2.2.4 installed without any issues for me.

If you've not already done so then maybe use Windows to completely uninstall VM then try again. Otherwise drop Greg an email.
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

Windows 10 (20H2) here too, and 2.2.4 is also working as expected.

The Captain Obvious in me wants to make sure you've updated both VM and VMD.

FWIW, I think 2.2.4 is a 'click fix' (but not the 'glitch fix' I'd been hoping for ;) ): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1445

Good luck!
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

2.2.4 working here, but the automatic update was stuck on one of my two machines (Win10) so i had to install manually.

In detail, within VM, in on my "account" setting, it said that there is a new update but it wouldn't download it.
andro

Post by andro »

I had uninstalled VM and restarted to no avail. In reply to Captain Obvious :-) I now uninstalled VMD as well, but found after uninstall the VM program directory still in place in Program Files (why?). I manually removed that and rebooted and reinstalled VM. It works fine now, and its busy downloading my 576 modules.

I would not have thought there was a tight coupling between VM and VMD if you have the latter installed. Not obvious to me. But that appears to be the case, so now we know I suppose.

Thanks all for the helpful suggestions.

Return to “Voltage Modular”