synchronize cabinets

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
NothanUmber

Re: synchronize cabinets

Post by NothanUmber »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm Thanks for your feedback. You've made some good arguments for having poly. We are looking into this and most likely will be implementing poly cables/poly jacks. (=
Perfect, thanks! That will allow to write modules that are optimally prepared for polyphonic use! (E.g. computing several voices in a vector operation instead of having 16 instances of a mono-module) And of course it's much cleaner than 16 individual modules or at least cables per modulation source/destination :)

In order to be able to use modules that are not prepared for poly-use by their devs, instead of poly-racks or poly-rows it would also be imaginable to introduce per-module "poly-wrappers": E.g. in the context menu of a module I could set "polyphony: x1 - x16". Which internally creates several copies of the module, (de)multiplexes midi ins/outs per channel and converts mono-CVs to poly-CVs. Tadaa - any module can be used polyphonically :)
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: synchronize cabinets

Post by Cherry Garcia »

NothanUmber wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm In order to be able to use modules that are not prepared for poly-use by their devs, instead of poly-racks or poly-rows it would also be imaginable to introduce per-module "poly-wrappers": E.g. in the context menu of a module I could set "polyphony: x1 - x16". Which internally creates several copies of the module, (de)multiplexes midi ins/outs per channel and converts mono-CVs to poly-CVs. Tadaa - any module can be used polyphonically :)
I've thought of this as well - we will look into both ideas. (= Thanks! (=

Return to “Voltage Modular”