Saving group of modules together

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xbitz

Saving group of modules together

Post by xbitz »

Hi,

just learning Voltage2 as a new user and I would have a quick question, how can be saved the state of multiple modules together as a common preset, if you know Combinator in Reason: how can I mimic its working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwigssgVOeQ
should I have to buy the Remote Control module put into a cabinet with assignments and ..."Save Cabinet" with all the devices in it, so how can I build reusable components in Voltage2 environment, is there any container module(a module which can contain other modules) in Voltage2 or only cabinets can do this (B plan would be putting Voltage2 plugins in Voltage2 plugins but seems a bit cumbersome to me)?

thanks for helping :)
gone soft

Re: Saving group of modules together

Post by gone soft »

Warning: as per now the assignments of a remote control won't be recalled within a saved cabinet. I pointed out this and it was considered a request but not a bug as they see it. :shock: I got the message though that my "request" was passed on.
xbitz

Post by xbitz »

yepp I've seen it, the assignments are saved with the project, they can be reloaded just with the original project
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

As it happens, I was just having a conversation about this.

Simply use Plug-In Host or Mini Plug-In Host to run "black box" VST instances of VM inside of VM.

As well as the MIDI input and output and CV to MIDI CC facilities you can use the "audio" connections to pass CV just as easily as audio. You are limited to four inputs and four outputs (on top of the MIDI based I/O) but that's enough for the vast majority of applications.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

ColinP wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:23 pm Simply use Plug-In Host or Mini Plug-In Host to run "black box" VST instances of VM inside of VM.
As well as the MIDI input and output and CV to MIDI CC facilities you can use the "audio" connections to pass CV just as easily as audio. . .
that is some beautiful next level stuff right there!
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Also you can have boxes within boxes within boxes.....
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

now I know that you're making things up.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Well, I've only tested running VM inside VM inside VM, but I suspect you can continue nesting until you run out of horsepower.
Geoffrey RW

Post by Geoffrey RW »

It's why , if you own Reason, Combinators are so brilliant and convenient. It's the land of zero restrictions.

Return to “Voltage Modular”