Recommended VCO's for a new user

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
DJKurt01

Recommended VCO's for a new user

Post by DJKurt01 »

Hey guys, I'm new! Just bought VM today after trying out the demo. Love it! Wish I knew about this when it came out! I'll be using it as an extension to my DAW (Studio One) to make synth patches to use in my music projects. I won't be writing entire music in it or doing drone type stuff.

Can anyone recommend anything that is really phatt sounding? I know that's a bit vague to say so I'll try to explain. I love all those really low, growling fm basses and anything else I can crazy modulate to get that real distorted fm style sound. Anything I can really mangle up like crazy and still sounds great. I love all the old analogue modelled stuff. Not too fussed on all in one synths, I prefer to build my own. I will be buying the 2600 though! I've been using VCV for a while with the IAC driver on Mac with my DAW but I've been looking for something like this for a while. Can't believe it's taken me this long! Thanks in advance :)
HowlingMod

Re: Recommended VCO's for a new user

Post by HowlingMod »

DJKurt01 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:37 pm Hey guys, I'm new! Just bought VM today after trying out the demo. Love it! Wish I knew about this when it came out! I'll be using it as an extension to my DAW (Studio One) to make synth patches to use in my music projects. I won't be writing entire music in it or doing drone type stuff.

Can anyone recommend anything that is really phatt sounding? I know that's a bit vague to say so I'll try to explain. I love all those really low, growling fm basses and anything else I can crazy modulate to get that real distorted fm style sound. Anything I can really mangle up like crazy and still sounds great. I love all the old analogue modelled stuff. Not too fussed on all in one synths, I prefer to build my own. I will be buying the 2600 though! I've been using VCV for a while with the IAC driver on Mac with my DAW but I've been looking for something like this for a while. Can't believe it's taken me this long! Thanks in advance :)
the zeroscillator? there are other great ones, this is one of them:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/z ... tor-bundle
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
DJKurt01

Post by DJKurt01 »

Cheers bro! Had a play with this one earlier, love it :)
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

Hi,

For my ears M*4's oscillators are the best sounding in VM. Vult's modules also sound incredible.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

jmatos wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:49 pm Hi,

For my ears M*4's oscillators are the best sounding in VM. Vult's modules also sound incredible.
yes i wanted also to mention them the m*4 oscillators, and of course vult.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

If i would have to keep only one, i would go with Zeroscillator as well, can do so much.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Thanks for mentioning, i never paid attention to them.
They look interesting !
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

xuoham wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Thanks for mentioning, i never paid attention to them.
They look interesting !
Yeah, they sound really great. And his sequencer is my favorite sequencer in Eurorack, digital or hardware.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

DJKurt01 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:37 pm Hey guys, I'm new! Just bought VM today after trying out the demo. Love it! Wish I knew about this when it came out! I'll be using it as an extension to my DAW (Studio One) to make synth patches to use in my music projects. I won't be writing entire music in it or doing drone type stuff.

Hi, why don't you try this one (oscillator) https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/evillator ???
If you want to create something fat maybe you need the help of these other modules https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/evil-bundle !!!
Or maybe this tiny one : https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/digiosc 8-)

Return to “Voltage Modular”