How do I make it so I can play multiple notes at the same time?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
GetPrecise

How do I make it so I can play multiple notes at the same time?

Post by GetPrecise »

I am very new to this... I have made a lead sound which I would like to turn into chords, but I have no idea how... any way to do this? I only have the free version.
jmatos

Re: How do I make it so I can play multiple notes at the same time?

Post by jmatos »

Try replacing the modules you used with the polyphonic version of the same module. I don't know which modules are included in the free version, but you should be using Poly Oscillator, Poly Envelope Generator, Poly Filter, Poly Amplifier.

Hope this helps!
GetPrecise

Post by GetPrecise »

Ah. I can't seem to find where the poly versions of the oscillator are... I checked the store and there isn't much... nothing official
martb

Post by martb »

There are no poly modules in the free version - 'Nucleus'.
All the Cherry Audio poly modules are here:
https://store.cherryaudio.com/search?q= ... phabetical
In order to get access to them, for the most part, you need to upgrade to the 'Core' version.
There are poly modules available from other manufacturers on the store which could be a cheaper way of going about it.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

If you are not ready to purchase a bundle with polyphonic modules, you can create chords in various ways. For example, you can have three oscillators tuned to a root, third, and fifth. If you don't mind having arpeggiated chords, you can use one oscillator driven by the arpeggiator module. With three 8-step sequencers and three oscillators (one each) you can set up chord progressions.

Personally, as soon as I spent a tiny bit of time with Nucleus, I gladly upgraded. I am new to using VM, but have modular roots from the early 1970s, so I found VM extremely intuitive.

If you want to explore creating modular patches with multiple notes before investing in polyphonic modules, it can be done.
Attachments
3 Osc. Triad.voltagepreset
(10.23 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Return to “Voltage Modular”