Performance Controls and Midi Learn Improvements

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
rsover

Performance Controls and Midi Learn Improvements

Post by rsover »

While the features existing in VM right now are nice and easy to use, I would like to see the following improvements:
  • Relative operations.
  • For Absolute operation being able to select a Takeover mode (None or Pickup). A Compare mode, like on Hardware Synths (Deepmind or Novation Peak) would be great.
  • Sending MIDI Out for the mapped controls so that external midi controls could be initialized in the correct place. (will allow midi hardware with rotary encoders and visual indication to have an expected experience, or OSC use-cases).
  • Allow saving mappings to the modules as we have presets. (a human readable format for saving would help in managing and updating those)
    • Use-case: on the 8 step sequencer I am mapping 8 knobs to the sliders and 8 buttons to the step enable/disable. When I add a sequencer in one patch I would just right click on the module and load the midi mapping. Being able to update the preset in a FileEditor, I could create multiple instance with different MidiChannels, so that I could control more sequencers on different channels, or any other custom setup we have.
Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)

Return to “Voltage Modular”