Confusing post: DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
wavemechanic

Re: Confusing post: DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer

Post by wavemechanic »

DCO-106 should have been announced in another part of the forum and not in the Voltage Modular section. It was misleading, because it was announced in a section of the forum dedicated to VM.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Well, all in all, Cherry Audio's move is quite understandable, this seems like an awesome synth at a competitive price in a crowded market, and i really wish they will sell a lot.

Like Wavemechanic just said it would have been better with a less boombastic announcement and in an other part of the forum, for sure.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

It surprised me but I love it having had a juno-6 since 1984. Whilst it may not have the bass heaviness of the 106-emulation by Tube Ohm (32 bit only) (a simple free EQ Plugin sorts that out) which I always thought was much better than the Tal Uno LX, this thing has the exact workflow of my synth, so it feels like I can pick up ideas from 20 years ago quite easily with it. This is my initial impression after discovering it yesterday morning. Well done @CherryMitch, great job. It does appear to suffer from the usual unreliability issues that Mixcraft does with VSTs, but conceptually it's great and clearly based on the boutique keyboard unit Roland released several years ago, but at one twentieth the price. As Roland expect people to subscribe to a cloud which many seem not willing to do, myself included, it is good to see people produce clones of their stuff - A D-50 clone would be great too. Also I have never been able to get Korg's MS-20 to run like my real MS-10 did from 1983 onward due to it crashing constantly, perhaps rehousing the VCO modules into a clone VST could be good too. ... The only thing the DCO106 is missing is a little feature common to the 106-Emulation and the hardware Microkorg, the ability to switch each step in the arpeggio on and off independently (it sits under the keyboard in the TubeOhm Emulation).
2020-10-10 18_27_44-.jpg
2020-10-10 18_27_44-.jpg (39.04 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
Perhaps this could be included in an update. I hope so anyway :)
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio

Return to “Voltage Modular”