gate stuck on issue

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
RedSolarflare

gate stuck on issue

Post by RedSolarflare »

I've been having an issue where after pausing playback in the middle of a note in Protools, voltage modular will start playing the last tone continuously with no way of stopping it. I have to restart the session or remove the plugin to stop the noise. (note that the issue only happens sometimes, i haven't been able to reproduce it reliably
RedSolarflare

Re: gate stuck on issue

Post by RedSolarflare »

RedSolarflare wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:34 pm I've been having an issue where after pausing playback in the middle of a note in Protools, voltage modular will start playing the last tone continuously with no way of stopping it. I have to restart the session or remove the plugin to stop the noise. (note that the issue only happens sometimes, i haven't been able to reproduce it reliably
my bad, i figured out how to repeat it almost immediately after posting. the issue occurs if i stop playback, then almost immediately play again before voltage can fade out.
RedSolarflare

Post by RedSolarflare »

ended up figuring it out myself, the issue extends from voltage not receiving a midi off signal after receiving a midi on signal. this causes the gate to constantly send signal to the envelope generator, as it hasn't received a instruction to stop yet. i used a program called Bome Midi Translator to set up a "midi panic button" basically it just sends a note off signal on every note 0-127. if you don't have Bome then you can fix the issue if you can find the note that is being played and then push it again, this should send an off signal to voltage and put a stop to the fucking of your ears.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

thanks for posting your solution!

Return to “Voltage Modular”