Something *new* is coming

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
SLiC

Re: Something *new* is coming

Post by SLiC »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:32 pm Hi,

We'll be doing both going forward - working on improving Voltage Modular and creating more modules, and also making some standalone plugins.

Greg
Hi Greg

I certainly don't blame you for expanding your product and users base outside of the 'modular' community and recycling your better modules, but you would have been better off not 'teasing' us VM users who were understandably expecting exciting something for voltage modular!
Ploe

Post by Ploe »

I expected something less mainstream. So I‘m a bit disappointed — although this is a very nice synth for a very good price.
Thumbs up for MPE support! So it‘s on the 3rd party developers for some “stranger things” ;)
Have a look at Softube. They have Buchla, Intellijel, Moog, Mutable Instruments …
I don’t give a shit on the names — only a Hardware Buchla is a real Buchla — but something like the Buchla 259e is missing on the incredible Voltage Modular platform. Now I‘m gonna play with my new Juno 106. Cheers.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

rfj wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm Yes there is a chance we could get an update to the DCO-60 or some new modules (the new reverb maybe)
I hope so, I sense a disappointment amongst the loyal 'Modular' users (after all, that's all we were until yesterday!)
I agree that making VSTs it’s not the way to go. The product that gave Cherry Audio a name is Voltage Modular and I think most VM owners would prefer more news and modules in the modular realm. Softube launched their utterly brillian Doepfer inspired Softube Modular and after the initial frenzy of third party modules they let it fade away with almost no new modules in months. The uber famous open source virtual modular VCV Rack has a base of thousands of users and developers providing lots of new modules almost everyday most of them free. Cherry Audio should concentrate on expanding the community of users with developers of hardware modular as Erica, Befaco or Mutable Instruments porting their hardware modules to software (just like VCV Rack does). Having installed VCV Rack with his vast library of third party modules I think overall sound quality is slighty better in Voltage Modular. But VCV Rack shows the way to go for Cherry Audio: STAY IN THE SOFTWARE MODULAR REALM AND MAKE IT A STRONG MODULAR PLATTFORM. Today VCV Rack has a community of users and developers almost as big as the users of hardware eurorack. THAT’S THE WAY TO GO. Forget about the already crowded VST softynth emulations market. They are thousands of them. We don’t need more VST softsynths please. I think most of us are here because we want to be part of a worlwide ever expanding modular synth community.
If you're looking for something similar to Befaco, check this out (if you didn't already... :roll: ) :
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/nrgzr78-percussor

Return to “Voltage Modular”