Something *new* is coming

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xones2358

Something *new* is coming

Post by xones2358 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwIxLht1pDY

so we *may* see another synth voice emu from CA. at least that is the speculation right now ;)

I must honestly say, I am not too excited. I*d rather have those delicious exotic OSCs from Hetrick*s Euro Reakt converted, but well - that is upon the developer.

What are your thoughts, folks? :?
docatlas

Re: Something *new* is coming

Post by docatlas »

I honestly have no idea, other that it's vintage, and probably a synth. From the comments on the video at YouTube, several people seem to think it's based on the SH-101, but the PPG Wave and one of the Oberheim synths have been suggested. It might not be any of those, we might be in for a big (but welcome) surprise. We'll know in two days.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

I do agree - better not to judge in advance...
Might just be my personal bias, that I feel, we are already pretty well covered with vintage emulations of all kinds. (ofc on other platforms)
I might be interested, in if it is a PPG. Anything that is not strictly subtractive will get my attention.
elamid

Post by elamid »

1982 => Tron => Soundtrack by Wendy Carlos => Moog :?: ...
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

elamid wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:51 pm 1982 => Tron => Soundtrack by Wendy Carlos => Moog :?: ...
cherry audio seems to have a soft spot for moog..
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

My first guess was Memory Moog, but the clues seem to suggest SH-101. I would much prefer the former as the only Memory Moog emulation I have is the IK Syntronik sample based one and I have about half a dozen SH-101 clones already.
Sas2506

Post by Sas2506 »

Buchla emulations would be great
docatlas

Post by docatlas »

The Tron mention made me look at the video again, and I can definitely see it. I'm not sure what Wendy Carlos was using at that time other than the Moog modular. Someone mentioned the Synergy, which had only come out in 1982, but it was based on the Crumar GDS, so I'm not sure. Wendy did use the Synergy on some later albums, so I'm not sure if she used its ancestor on anything earlier.

A set of modules based on classic Moog modules would be nice, but there already are some in the store. MRB's filter bundle has some nice ones, but there's room for a lot more. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

I was hoping for a full blown Syrinx, not just the filter which I have already :) Or maybe even an Oscar, but they are 1983 not 1982 :(
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

So.....It's October 1st- what it is??!!

Return to “Voltage Modular”