Something *new* is coming

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
tarkus1971

Re: Something *new* is coming

Post by tarkus1971 »

DC0-106 Purchased, standalone too which is fantastic.
rfj

Post by rfj »

I already own Roland's (the maker of Juno 106) Juno 106 VST in Roland Cloud wich use Roland's patented Analog Circuit Beahuvoir in order to replicate each circuit component in the original synths , so I will pass on this. Roland Juno 106 emulation has 8 voice polyphony compared to Cherry Audio DCO 106. Anyway I'd like to make a suggestion to VM team: please, port Mutable Instruments stuff (open source code) to VM in similar way VCV rack had ported most of Mutable Instruments line of modules under the Audible Instruments mark.
I've installed VCV Rack and should say they are excellent and plenty useful. I think Mutable Instruments open source modules would be a great adittion to VM.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

the sarcasm in the thread name is real. it is NEW for them to drop a VST, it is old shoes (for me) anyway, and many of us would*ve been MUCH happier to see modular additions to their great software VM. :evil:
Sas2506

Post by Sas2506 »

I have to admit to be disappointed...and dont like this direction of travel...porting whole synth recreations. I would urge some attempts to innovate new or recreate famous modules... Eurorack, effects pedals, sequencesrs, Buchla...loads that would work great in VM...not these synth-in-a-box releases. Sorry....just want to be honest
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

:roll: I'll stick to the Cherry Audio DCO-60 :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1150
rsover

Post by rsover »

The Chord mode looks interesting on the *new* VST and could be a nice VM standalone module.
Is there anything like that on the store already?
It could be fun to have a full featured Chord Module.
Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

Yes there is a chance we could get an update to the DCO-60 or some new modules (the new reverb maybe)
I hope so, I sense a disappointment amongst the loyal 'Modular' users (after all, that's all we were until yesterday!)
rfj

Post by rfj »

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm Yes there is a chance we could get an update to the DCO-60 or some new modules (the new reverb maybe)
I hope so, I sense a disappointment amongst the loyal 'Modular' users (after all, that's all we were until yesterday!)
I agree that making VSTs it’s not the way to go. The product that gave Cherry Audio a name is Voltage Modular and I think most VM owners would prefer more news and modules in the modular realm. Softube launched their utterly brillian Doepfer inspired Softube Modular and after the initial frenzy of third party modules they let it fade away with almost no new modules in months. The uber famous open source virtual modular VCV Rack has a base of thousands of users and developers providing lots of new modules almost everyday most of them free. Cherry Audio should concentrate on expanding the community of users with developers of hardware modular as Erica, Befaco or Mutable Instruments porting their hardware modules to software (just like VCV Rack does). Having installed VCV Rack with his vast library of third party modules I think overall sound quality is slighty better in Voltage Modular. But VCV Rack shows the way to go for Cherry Audio: STAY IN THE SOFTWARE MODULAR REALM AND MAKE IT A STRONG MODULAR PLATTFORM. Today VCV Rack has a community of users and developers almost as big as the users of hardware eurorack. THAT’S THE WAY TO GO. Forget about the already crowded VST softynth emulations market. They are thousands of them. We don’t need more VST softsynths please. I think most of us are here because we want to be part of a worlwide ever expanding modular synth community.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

rfj wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 pm I agree that making VSTs it’s not the way to go. The product that gave Cherry Audio a name is Voltage Modular and.... ..... I think most of us are here because we want to be part of a worlwide ever expanding modular synth community.
Absolutely !
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We'll be doing both going forward - working on improving Voltage Modular and creating more modules, and also making some standalone plugins.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”