Requests for new features for Voltage Modular

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
MMG

Requests for new features for Voltage Modular

Post by MMG »

Hey there.

I thought it would be a good idea to get a post going about some requested features that possibly could be added to future releases of VM.

Feel free to add to my list.

Some welcome additions to future versions of Voltage Modular:

1. The ability to select and move (up or down) all the pitch levers on the 8 & 16 step sequencers at once.
2. The ability to uninstall unused modules
3. Add piano roll editor to midi player!!!.
4. The ability to favorite presets/patches in the browser.
5. Control + click & drag on drum trigger sequencer steps to select multiple steps sequentially.
6. External clock input & time stretching for Sampler I/Sampler II (if even possible within VM).
7. The ability to copy (to clip board) & paste selected modules to new project (from previous project).
8. Adding small knobs below each step on the sequencers that control the velocity/volume of each step.
9. A stock or third party stereo Filter.
10. The ability to add a fade to the beginning of a one-shot sample using Sampler I & II (the crossfade length only works when looping is active). I have clicks at the beginning that could be smoothed over with an attack envelope parameter.
11. Sampler I & II Show the name (metadata) of the sample that is loaded into them.
12. The ability to select the next audio file in the selected folder within Sampler I & Sampler II's GUI (left arrow/right arrow). So you don't have to select load file every time. Also, an option for self containment of the audio file along with the preset file for the samplers would be great!

Cheers!
Last edited by MMG on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.
rsover

Re: Requests for new features for Voltage Modular

Post by rsover »

I was about to do the same and ask for a place where users can add feature requests.

1. presets browsing/management improvements:
When searching - persist the search results
Being able to filter by keywords (see the keywords as a cloud)
Saving favorites
I like the Arturia Lab 4 preset browser.
2. Like we have the Clock Divider, a Clock Multiplier would be handy.

3. Allow demoing modules each 6 month (reset the demo taken after 6 months). Is possible that you might demo modules, but you are not ready for them and you don't have the know how on using them, or finding them useful at that time. But as you learn more on the modular synth, you might give a new try to those, because you don't remember what you did that time.
Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

MMG wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:11 pm
2. Most recently used modules category.
don't forget about module tagging, and favorites!
MMG

Post by MMG »

schoekah wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm
MMG wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:11 pm
2. Most recently used modules category.
don't forget about module tagging, and favorites!
Thanks for reminding me. I'm very new to VM and that feature got lost in the shuffle. I'm definitely going to start using it.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Native support for 96kHz that doesn't require sample-rate conversion.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

- a MSEG, that can be time based & signal (CV) based. to control an envelope based on the incoming CV signal(s). monophonic/polyphonic, or simply a combination of them..
- MPE module, add lift, maybe curves.
- the knobs automation settings are per preset? is there a way to (yes a new starting template, will work), to set them, at one time (perhaps i overlook something).
Last edited by HowlingMod on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

• a right click menu for modules allowing you to select menu options by pressing a key (options show a letter underlined, pressing the letter selects that menu item - reset, random, disconnect cables, etc
  • assignable keyboard shortcuts
  • perform buttons that remember the state of the button that they're assigned to (like mute on 6 input mixer)
(CA - you're doing a wonderful job on the documentation on your own modules (one among many things) - much appreciated!)

Return to “Voltage Modular”