missing modules - SOLVED

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
HowlingMod

Re: missing modules

Post by HowlingMod »

silden wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:04 pm
HowlingMod wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:47 pm

it is strange i agree, but the ms poly versions came later. of course they could change the one year bundle. but that means, other customers would be treated unfair. and with the modules i had, the upgrade price was right, but not that big a discount, enough to buy it. in a way, all was much cheaper in this sale, or if you didn't already owned 7 (i guess) or more modules. if i see it now, the discount was very fair. o don't know anymore.
so the one year bundle, perhaps they should made another bundle.

but i think you get a discount for the ms vintage bundle, i did, others did.

i agree, i repeat, that it has something strange, but i repeat, again, the poly versions came later.

and in the one year bundle page, you can see what you get. and don't get.
The right way to do that would be like the MRB lab bundle. To add the later modules as extras so that everyone who bought the original would get them. What about the folk who bought the original MS bundle.. did they not get the polys added FOC when they came out later? I dunno?? Even if that wasn't the case and they came out after the year 1 bundle then they should have been included in the year 2 bundle. Whichever way you look at it it doesnt serve the customer well. and if it was an intentional marketting ploy to get an extra puchase out of folk then CA are not the people I want to do business with.

Good job I'm within my refund period if that is the case. At this point I have to give some benefit of doubt though as I have had no other reason to think of CA in anything but a good light and with a very good product.

Hopefully support will come back to me soon.

btw sorry for the nic mis-spell. I actually read it wrong to be honest :lol:
i agree, that would be a better way, like MRB bundle, and there are other bundles, that get "free" modules added.
yes it strange that isn't in the 2 year bundle...

there is a logic behind it (not for the 2 year bundle, or is there)?

my experience with CA is only positive. that somethings are confusing, and that is more CA, than user.
there will be new discount formula. perhaps CA can do the same.

i think the problem with the one year bundle is: it was there after one year.. (of course), and changing it... or you could add things, but this isn't a bundle that expands, like the lab bundle of MRB, or the ultimate bundle of andrew macaulay. there are different type of bundles.
don't know if the luxury bundle of MRB, will be expanded, for instance. nothing is mentioned.

there is no intentional marketing ploy, my personal view. but i can get, why you can feel like this.

the upgrade to the vintage bundle, must be $10 i think. if you own the other monophonic bundles. yes i got an upgrade price for $10, i checked it.
isn't it there in store? (when have logged in..). that was asked for, and CA, offered this, what in my view was fair.
and then you have the vintage bundle also (as a bundle).

in these cases, i noticed, that developers (yes! they are responsible for their own pricing) and of course CA, are always fair, and understanding.

and there is the matter of the store: i am used to it now, i know how things work, i own CORE + drums (or how is it called), 1 1/2 year.
but sometimes there are problems, but CA grants even individual users a discount. as developers do. in some cases. when it is only fair to do it.
EDIT: i mean, when the price is wrong, or can't be changed in the store.

i had made a track, quite experimental, with voltage modular (and lion..), MPE, it is called now Howling Mud. thanks for the name!
and i tend to write names wrong, like macaulay, i think i have managed it now... his name...
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

silden, you accuse people of being dishonest before figuring out what you bought. Then when corrected, you accuse people of having bad and deceptive business practices. This is really discouraging behavior for a volunteer forum.
silden

Post by silden »

schoekah wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:58 pm silden, you accuse people of being dishonest before figuring out what you bought. Then when corrected, you accuse people of having bad and deceptive business practices. This is really discouraging behavior for a volunteer forum.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm quite sure I haven't accused anyone of anything. If you read my post I also suggested that I may not have had the non-demo version in the first place. I then suggested there could be a mistake in the bundles. I was not really corrected as I had already suggested they may not have been in the bundle. But I respect the posters comments all the same.

What I will say is that I bought all of year 1 and year2 as well as core and drums (previously) and there was no suggestion anywhere that in fact this was NOT all of year 1 and 2 modules.

If you re read you will see that I use the word dishonest IF such and such happened and was the intent. I believe that to be true. However I do not know if that was CAs intent or not. I initially thought they had just gone missing hence my initial post.

I did have an initial knee-jerk reaction when I thought the modules had been removed (prossibly by accident). I have other reasoning for this which I have no need in sharing here but I know this to be the way VM works. I do not like that things can make changes to my system without my permission or knowledge. That is my choice not to like that and I have a right to voice that if I wish. There are a ton of ways this method could go pair-shaped at a crucial time and I have the right to be uncomfortable with that do I not?

This has also been exacerbated by the fact that I bought many 100s $$$ of modules all in one go and it was difficult and time consuming for me to actually reconcile what was in my library with what I bought on multiple orders. In fact my request to support (sent 8-9 hours before this thread) was more about being able to get all my orders into a spreadsheet or something so I could keep an eye on my inventory. When the supplier can make changes to your inventory without your knowledge then it is foolhardy not to be diligent!(imo).

Like I said I had an initial knee-jerk reaction when writing the first part of this thread and it's title. I regret the initial tone but not the substance of what I wrote. I understand why I did because even though I marked my support post as urgent CA did not get back to me. In fact as of replying to your post now they still have not. I have had quicker response from them when asking for presales advice and marking my ticket as LOW!

So I will end this post here. I do not want to offend anyone at all. CA or it's customers. I think my posts have merit and state truths about my opinions. Maybe I could have kept this between CA and myself. I didn't. I probably will do in the future though if I stay a customer.

and my final final word.... I feel more aggrieved about the POSSIBILITY that CA have intentionally left these modules out of the bundles I bought than I do about them accidentally removing them from my library!

cheers

Edit..... These poly modules which were part of the MS vintage bundle are now also included in the Cherry Audio year ONE collection along side the original mono modules. -Thanks CA.

Last edited by silden on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I can understand your frustration if modules have disappeared. This has never happened to me but if it did I'd want a very quick solution.

I can't see this being anything deliberate on CA's part. Their client/server model does have many advantages but obviously if something goes wrong then it's not good at all. I get the impression that they need to invest in upgrading their server setup as it might be struggling to cope with increasing demand.

One thing to realise is that CA are a tiny company not some big faceless conglomerate. Support seems to be handled by just one guy so if he is off work for some reason then there might be delay in response. Greg does a brilliant job in my opinion but perhaps cover is not as organised as it should be.

On doing live work with computers, this is inherently dangerous. You need at least one entire and independent backup system if not two. I read about one pro setup where they had four backup systems ready to roll, each at the push of a button. Even with non-computerised setups things go wrong, usually at the worst possible moment!

Obviously using VM live one needs to NOT have the host online anytime leading up to the gig too as it's only when online that VM changes.

Pricing wise I think we mostly get very good value for money. But it gets overly complicated with bundles and sales and upgrades. If in doubt about anything I'd contact CA or the manufacturer to check about anything that concerns you. Remember nobody wants unhappy customers.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

ColinP wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:48 pm I can understand your frustration if modules have disappeared........
CA are a tiny company not some big faceless conglomerate. Support seems to be handled by just one guy ....
Greg does a brilliant job ....

On doing live work with computers, this is inherently dangerous. You need at least one entire and independent backup system if not two...

Pricing wise I think we mostly get very good value for money. But it gets overly complicated with bundles and sales and upgrades....
Amen to all this ! :idea:
silden

Re: missing modules - back to unSOLVED

Post by silden »

sadly, yet again these modules have gone missing. I dont like this. Really I dont. Probably a very reasonable explanation again but losing modules without notification is VERY VERY BAD imo.
Greg... would you take a look into this for me please - thanks
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Please send in a support request and let us know which email address you're using for your account: https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Oh, I see you already did submit a ticket. We'll check it out.
silden

Re: missing modules - SOLVED

Post by silden »

Thanks Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”